Andee Records label - info please

Rick Scott pointed out that there seems to be a lacking of info about this label., if its has been covered before I apologise and please direct me

"Seems" to have connections with Florida and Philadelphia (Frank Virtue)

Couple of scans to help ? Gene came out on Funk Factory (I believe it was first release)

Discogs have 13 releases on the label 

soul Gene

soul Virtues

• Up vote 1
Social source share

I'm not an expert on hooky, boots, and licensing, but the dubious looking ones (as listed in 45cat.com and above) are from almost certainly from the owner of Soulville who lived in England. (not the one we all know in Atlanta, GA and Greenville, SC, etc )

If you go on discogs and look at the labels Amba, Philadelphia Disco, Reggamite, plus some others inc Andee, you'll ventually see Soulville and you'll find Oscar Sam-Carrol/ Oscar Carrol jr.. you can also find him on Linked-in "I started this company as Soulville Music & Records in 1970 and now it's known as U-MEN(Group) and it's now run by my children, concentrating on the development of the Urban Black Music & Entertainment Industry..."

Social source share

1 hour ago, Frankie Crocker said:

Certainly worth looking into further. I once thought it was a re-issue label when I saw the Drifters-You Got To Pay Your Dues on it. This seems to be a legitimate issue but how this came to pass, I have no idea.

57 minutes ago, Kenb said:

I'm not an expert on hooky, boots, and licensing, but the dubious looking ones (as listed in 45cat.com and above) are from almost certainly from the owner of Soulville who lived in England. (not the one we all know in Atlanta, GA and Greenville, SC, etc )

If you go on discogs and look at the labels Amba, Philadelphia Disco, Reggamite, plus some others inc Andee, you'll ventually see Soulville and you'll find Oscar Sam-Carrol/ Oscar Carrol jr.. you can also find him on Linked-in "I started this company as Soulville Music & Records in 1970 and now it's known as U-MEN(Group) and it's now run by my children, concentrating on the development of the Urban Black Music & Entertainment Industry..."

45 cat certainly is split with the Drifters as a boot, thanks of info, keep it coming please, most interesting

If The Gene Middleton is a boot it has quite an expensive purchase history on popsike

https://www.45cat.com/label/andee

soul Drifters

Edited by Blackpoolsoul
  • Listening now 1
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!