Jump to content

Unusual Instrumentals


Elfael

Recommended Posts

5 hours ago, Rick Scott said:

Too True and was covered up as Grooving - The Soul Agents

Paper label Originals  being the Dearest and Never had a Promo ?

I've never seen a promo Rick - Had a paper one myself back then....Quite tempted to buy it again for nostalgia's sake 

  • Up vote 1
Link to comment
Social source share

4 hours ago, Tomangoes said:

There's been a few versions including the destiny orch and several remixes

Definitely packed the floors in its day.

This is not a bad version...

Ed

 

 

 

Not a bad version, but its a bit like re-inventing the wheel....A bit like when New Birth re did Kay Gee even though they must have known they couldnt do any better than the cut the had done previously as The Nite - Liters ...Only a thought 

  • Up vote 1
Link to comment
Social source share

On 31/07/2020 at 17:49, Merve said:

Never heard that version before

Yes Merv, is a very good Cover of a Wonderful tune and for me the best alternative to Silvetti (1976) And Inner City Express only recordedTwo Years Later. 

The Re-Tde thing is ok but is one of those Edit Things, Silvetti Track with Drum Beats and Hand Claps added For Effects

On 31/07/2020 at 17:47, Merve said:

I've never seen a promo Rick - Had a paper one myself back then....Quite tempted to buy it again for nostalgia's sake

Assume it was never done as a promo (Cats Eyes) but yea iv'e done the same thing over the years, got rid of something then years later bought it again.... 😂  Rick

  • Up vote 1
Link to comment
Social source share

18 hours ago, Merve said:

Do you remember Rick ?

* Mal * Martin Stevens*

I played this as a new release uncovered as there were a lot of them about at the time but not to say that it wasn't played for a while covered up prior to them turning up, could have been the Mecca Lads or Poke/Vincent but not sure, Tried ringing Tom Paddison (was known as JC on here years back) this morning  as he carried a note book with him every where was Always at Cleethorpes Winter Gardens '79 etc and was a wealth of knowledge on these things but got no reply, if there was anything covered up he would know about it, will keep trying........🎧🙂

Edited by Rick Scott
Link to comment
Social source share

15 minutes ago, Rick Scott said:

* Mal * Martin Stevens*

I played this as a new release uncovered as there were a lot of them about at the time but not to say that it wasn't played for a while covered up prior to them turning up, could have been the Mecca Lads or Poke/Vincent but not sure, Tried ringing Tom Paddison (was known as JC on here years back) this morning  as he carried a note book with him every where was Always at Cleethorpes Winter Gardens '79 etc and was a wealth of knowledge on these things but got no reply, if there was anything covered up he would know about it, will keep trying........🎧🙂

Thanks Rick, I used to carry a note pad too- Wish I could find it 🤓

I'm pretty sure I first heard Mal at St Ives January 76 covered up as 'Mike Post - New York Vibrations' ......Probably Poke then. It was common knowledge what it was after a couple of weeks....Not my cup of tea but all part of the rich tapestry as they say. 

Another I remember from around that time was this one . I still quite like the vocal, not sure of what the floor would make of it now but who knows 

 

Link to comment
Social source share

16 minutes ago, Merve said:

Another I remember from around that time was this one . I still quite like the vocal, not sure of what the floor would make of it now but who knows

Cheers Merv, Again another new release spin and have to say David Lenyard would probably Fair Better Today than "Mal" as got all those nice little Breaks in it for the dancers, my favourite of the two.... Rick

  • Up vote 2
Link to comment
Social source share

Here's another one - a dodgy Soussan job which is really Frankie Valli with the vocal channel turned down (you can actually here them of the other side - I suspect he just tinkered with a graphic equaliser or something). Anyway was surprised to see this lying in one of my boxes so needless to say I slapped it on eBay (along with various other bits and bats) for about 4 pence ha'penny.
 

 

Link to comment
Social source share

  • 2 weeks later...
On 10/08/2020 at 14:21, Davenpete said:

Here's another one - a dodgy Soussan job which is really Frankie Valli with the vocal channel turned down

Always Wondered who was behind this as i remember buying one of these off a list back in the day as tiped to be a monster, and got rid of it because it was suspiciously dodgy (sound quality and everything else as you stated) And Remember coming across this on a Soul Bowl List thinking has John found a Rare Original, good sounding copy etc and rang him up and and had a bit of a conversation about it, after pulling it out listen to it he put it on his turn table and said Wow! That's Shocking and that's going in the Bin.........🤣

Link to comment
Social source share

However... this is 'dodgy' but I have to admit, I like it 😕

 

 

while I was looking for a clip of 'Fox tail; I found this by the 'Man'... actually very groovey!! they should however added a Clint Eastwood  'Magnum Force' bass line, and that would lift this into "PROPER" territory.. lol

 

Edited by Mal C
Link to comment
Social source share

1 hour ago, Mal C said:

However... this is 'dodgy' but I have to admit, I like it 😕

 

 

while I was looking for a clip of 'Fox tail; I found this by the 'Man'... actually very groovey!! they should however added a Clint Eastwood  'Magnum Force' bass line, and that would lift this into "PROPER" territory.. lol

 

Quite a big tune JAWS on first release as I recall.

Ed

Link to comment
Social source share

  • 2 weeks later...
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.


×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.