Posted

They don't get no stranger than this.....chemicals needed to listen to it more than once a year...

Ed

• Up vote 1
soul source url
Social source share
  • Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Amount Of Reads

•  Views 5.8k

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

not sure what or which or when instrument wise but...    

Mike Vickers On The Brink (started off  life as the Theme Tune To BBC TV Program the Wednesday Night Play and was played on the Scene as Boogaloo Investigator by Matt Parsons Orchestra even getting Bo

Hey Elfael, Welcome aboard Yea Fyfe Piper Old School Soul from my Youth Club Days. Here's one for you, And they don't come anymore unusual than this. Ananda Shankar- Dancing Drums, I Love It

Posted Images

Posted
3 hours ago, Tomangoes said:

They don't get no stranger than this.....chemicals needed to listen to it more than once a year...

Ed

And surprisingly cheap 😉

soul source url
Social source share
Posted
14 hours ago, Tomangoes said:

They don't get no stranger than this.

That more than qualifies, it's put my teeth on edge 😬

soul source url
Social source share
Posted
12 hours ago, Merve said:

They don't get no stranger than this

Too True and was covered up as Grooving - The Soul Agents

12 hours ago, Merve said:

And surprisingly cheap

Paper label Originals  being the Dearest and Never had a Promo ?

soul source url
Social source share
Posted
5 hours ago, Rick Scott said:

Too True and was covered up as Grooving - The Soul Agents

Paper label Originals  being the Dearest and Never had a Promo ?

I've never seen a promo Rick - Had a paper one myself back then....Quite tempted to buy it again for nostalgia's sake 

• Up vote 1
soul source url
Social source share
Posted
5 hours ago, Rick Scott said:

Always Hot On The Heals of Silvetti This One From 1978

Never heard that version before

• Up vote 1
soul source url
Social source share
Posted

There's been a few versions including the destiny orch and several remixes

Definitely packed the floors in its day.

This is not a bad version...

Ed

soul source url
Social source share
Posted
4 hours ago, Tomangoes said:

There's been a few versions including the destiny orch and several remixes

Definitely packed the floors in its day.

This is not a bad version...

Ed

Not a bad version, but its a bit like re-inventing the wheel....A bit like when New Birth re did Kay Gee even though they must have known they couldnt do any better than the cut the had done previously as The Nite - Liters ...Only a thought 

• Up vote 1
soul source url
Social source share
Posted
On 31/07/2020 at 17:49, Merve said:

Never heard that version before

Yes Merv, is a very good Cover of a Wonderful tune and for me the best alternative to Silvetti (1976) And Inner City Express only recordedTwo Years Later. 

The Re-Tde thing is ok but is one of those Edit Things, Silvetti Track with Drum Beats and Hand Claps added For Effects

On 31/07/2020 at 17:47, Merve said:

I've never seen a promo Rick - Had a paper one myself back then....Quite tempted to buy it again for nostalgia's sake

Assume it was never done as a promo (Cats Eyes) but yea iv'e done the same thing over the years, got rid of something then years later bought it again.... 😂  Rick

• Up vote 1
soul source url
Social source share
Posted

Who was it had this covered up as 'New York Vibrations' ? .....around the same time as Cats Eyes..... Grim. 

Do you remember Rick ?

soul source url
Social source share
Posted (edited)
18 hours ago, Merve said:

Do you remember Rick ?

* Mal * Martin Stevens*

I played this as a new release uncovered as there were a lot of them about at the time but not to say that it wasn't played for a while covered up prior to them turning up, could have been the Mecca Lads or Poke/Vincent but not sure, Tried ringing Tom Paddison (was known as JC on here years back) this morning  as he carried a note book with him every where was Always at Cleethorpes Winter Gardens '79 etc and was a wealth of knowledge on these things but got no reply, if there was anything covered up he would know about it, will keep trying........🎧🙂

Edited by Rick Scott
soul source url
Social source share
Posted
15 minutes ago, Rick Scott said:

* Mal * Martin Stevens*

I played this as a new release uncovered as there were a lot of them about at the time but not to say that it wasn't played for a while covered up prior to them turning up, could have been the Mecca Lads or Poke/Vincent but not sure, Tried ringing Tom Paddison (was known as JC on here years back) this morning  as he carried a note book with him every where was Always at Cleethorpes Winter Gardens '79 etc and was a wealth of knowledge on these things but got no reply, if there was anything covered up he would know about it, will keep trying........🎧🙂

Thanks Rick, I used to carry a note pad too- Wish I could find it 🤓

I'm pretty sure I first heard Mal at St Ives January 76 covered up as 'Mike Post - New York Vibrations' ......Probably Poke then. It was common knowledge what it was after a couple of weeks....Not my cup of tea but all part of the rich tapestry as they say. 

Another I remember from around that time was this one . I still quite like the vocal, not sure of what the floor would make of it now but who knows 

soul source url
Social source share
Posted
16 minutes ago, Merve said:

Another I remember from around that time was this one . I still quite like the vocal, not sure of what the floor would make of it now but who knows

Cheers Merv, Again another new release spin and have to say David Lenyard would probably Fair Better Today than "Mal" as got all those nice little Breaks in it for the dancers, my favourite of the two.... Rick

• Up vote 2
soul source url
Social source share
Posted

Got this in a soul pack 40 + years ago...

Youd need to be a brave soul to play it, but it sure is unusual...

Ed

• Up vote 2
soul source url
Social source share
Posted

Hiya, I'm sure I've heard this a few times. Great track for film or TV.  Cool, cheers

soul source url
Social source share
Posted
10 hours ago, Tomangoes said:

Got this in a soul pack 40 + years ago...

Youd need to be a brave soul to play it, but it sure is unusual...

Ed

I like that !

soul source url
Social source share
Posted

Here's another one - a dodgy Soussan job which is really Frankie Valli with the vocal channel turned down (you can actually here them of the other side - I suspect he just tinkered with a graphic equaliser or something). Anyway was surprised to see this lying in one of my boxes so needless to say I slapped it on eBay (along with various other bits and bats) for about 4 pence ha'penny.

soul source url
Social source share
  • 2 weeks later...
Posted (edited)

Cant remember whether Ive put this up already, if not it will certainly BLOW you awwwwway!!!

There is nothing Dodgy about this one though, it's a KiIller!

Edited by Mal C
  • Up vote 1
soul source url
Social source share
Posted
On 10/08/2020 at 14:21, Davenpete said:

Here's another one - a dodgy Soussan job which is really Frankie Valli with the vocal channel turned down

Always Wondered who was behind this as i remember buying one of these off a list back in the day as tiped to be a monster, and got rid of it because it was suspiciously dodgy (sound quality and everything else as you stated) And Remember coming across this on a Soul Bowl List thinking has John found a Rare Original, good sounding copy etc and rang him up and and had a bit of a conversation about it, after pulling it out listen to it he put it on his turn table and said Wow! That's Shocking and that's going in the Bin.........🤣

soul source url
Social source share
Posted (edited)

However... this is 'dodgy' but I have to admit, I like it 😕

while I was looking for a clip of 'Fox tail; I found this by the 'Man'... actually very groovey!! they should however added a Clint Eastwood  'Magnum Force' bass line, and that would lift this into "PROPER" territory.. lol

Edited by Mal C
soul source url
Social source share
Posted (edited)

This is Brilliant, God Dam "BASS" on this Mutha! with eerier Urrr huurrrs'... it's just Cool..

Edited by Mal C
soul source url
Social source share
Posted
1 hour ago, Mal C said:

However... this is 'dodgy' but I have to admit, I like it 😕

while I was looking for a clip of 'Fox tail; I found this by the 'Man'... actually very groovey!! they should however added a Clint Eastwood  'Magnum Force' bass line, and that would lift this into "PROPER" territory.. lol

Quite a big tune JAWS on first release as I recall.

Ed

soul source url
Social source share
  • 2 weeks later...
Posted

how about a funk 45 that features spoons? get to about 1:11 for the spoons breakdown

• Up vote 2
soul source url
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments/views now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Log back in to Soul Source now!
  1. Records You Wish Were Instrumentals
    All About The Soul by Bogue on Sat 10 Mar 2007
    • 26 / 1223
    • Pete S on 17 Mar 2007
  2. Where Did All Those Instrumentals Go ?
    All About The Soul by malayka on Sun 20 Aug 2006
    • 58 / 3124
    • on 24 Aug 2006
  3. Instrumentals Of 1974
    All About The Soul by on Mon 04 Jun 2018
    • 25 / 1768
    • on 19 Jul 2018
  4. Instrumentals
    Look At Your Box by on Thu 01 Dec 2005
    • 6 / 641
    • platters 81 on 02 Dec 2005
  5. Instrumentals