Mike

New Apple SE Phone released...

Details of the new Apple SE phone has just been announced, blurb follows

Cupertino, California — Apple today announced the second-generation iPhone SE, a powerful new iPhone featuring a 4.7-inch Retina HD display, paired with Touch ID for industry-leading security. iPhone SE comes in a compact design, reinvented from the inside out, and is the most affordable iPhone. The new iPhone SE is powered by the Apple-designed A13 Bionic, the fastest chip in a smartphone, to handle the most demanding tasks. iPhone SE also features the best single-camera system ever in an iPhone, which unlocks the benefits of computational photography including Portrait mode, and is designed to withstand the elements with dust and water resistance.

£400 odd quid in UK $399 in Usa

Can read all via

https://www.apple.com/newsroom/2020/04/iphone-se-a-powerful-new-smartphone-in-a-popular-design/

At first look if we were in normal times it seems like a good mid range option when compared to Google Pixel 4a ,  of course not exactly a good time for launch , plus the iphone 12 release  coming up

A fair few apple users on here, so what's the take on this  one... ?

soul apple

Share this forum post

soul source url
Social source share

£419 here $399 in USA $399 equals £320 that's a big disparity in prices 

Share this forum post

soul source url
Social source share

That is usually the case Mark with the majority of products, camera kit is exactly the same

As for the phone I think it is a good idea, I have an iphone 8, I would not want anything any bigger, I was disappointed when they did away with the older 5SE model as that was plenty big enough for what I needed, I don't need a phone the size of an ipad, but I am sat behind a desk most of the day so have access to the internet through my desktop computer.

Share this forum post

soul source url
Social source share
4 hours ago, Martyn Pitt said:

That is usually the case Mark with the majority of products, camera kit is exactly the same

As for the phone I think it is a good idea, I have an iphone 8, I would not want anything any bigger, I was disappointed when they did away with the older 5SE model as that was plenty big enough for what I needed, I don't need a phone the size of an ipad, but I am sat behind a desk most of the day so have access to the internet through my desktop computer.

same as you don't like the larger phones but on the prices there shouldn't be that much disparity I could accept 20 or 30 more due to market size but not £100

Share this forum post

soul source url
Social source share

Freebasing - Source Forum

An off the soul beat lifestyle talk forum

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Get started now!

Get max use of the forums

1. Apple Ipod Touch 32 Gig New Unused In Box
    Events Archive by Guest HiTtHeBoNgO on Thu 03 Sep 2009
    • 1 / 231
    • HiTtHeBoNgO on 03 Sep 2009
  2. Apple I-Mac Desktop Pc 21" As New
    General Sales & Wants by Pete S on Tue 22 Feb 2011
    • 2 / 989
    • Pete S on 12 Aug 2011
  3. New Sony Ericcson W302 White Music Phone
    Events Archive by Guest stash313 on Tue 27 Jul 2010
    • 1 / 245
    • stash313 on 27 Jul 2010
  4. Brand New Boxed Un-Opened Samsung Tocco Lite Touchscreen Smart Phone
    Events Archive by Guest stash313 on Mon 09 Aug 2010
    • 1 / 356
    • stash313 on 09 Aug 2010
  5. Albert Jones Candy Apple Records
    Look At Your Box by Guest on Tue 01 Nov 2005
    • 6 / 738
    • taylormadesoul on 05 Nov 2005

Source Adverts

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.