Top Youtube Live performances !!

On 19/04/2020 at 13:09, Bo Diddley said:

Following on from the recent Soul Source "Kings of Soul" video thread, how about a Soul Source "Top Live Performance" thread? Perhaps a Soul Source Members top 10 or 20?

I came across this on Youtube and thought it would be worth passing on. Then thought, other members must have their favorites..

Anyway, here your go - Billy Preston backed by Ray Charles doing Agent Double O Soul..LOVE IT!

(@Mike, if this has been posted before, please delete the thread)

Impressive dancing singing and piano playing.

Excellent.

Ed

• Up vote 1
Social source share

On 19/04/2020 at 13:09, Bo Diddley said:

Following on from the recent Soul Source "Kings of Soul" video thread, how about a Soul Source "Top Live Performance" thread? Perhaps a Soul Source Members top 10 or 20?

I came across this on Youtube and thought it would be worth passing on. Then thought, other members must have their favorites..

Anyway, here your go - Billy Preston backed by Ray Charles doing Agent Double O Soul..LOVE IT!

(@Mike, if this has been posted before, please delete the thread)

ahhh just seen the tag , for it to work you do need to make sure its like this...

@Bo Diddley

then it will notify the member etc etc

A bit of the lack of response here may be due to the title?

As it currently reads like it's a one off video post, maybe something like "Top Youtube Live Performances" as a start point may get things going?

billy-preston.jpg

• Up vote 1
Social source share

57 minutes ago, Mike said:

ahhh just seen the tag , for it to work you do need to make sure its like this...

@Bo Diddley

then it will notify the member etc etc

A bit of the lack of response here may be due to the title?

As it currently reads like it's a one off video post, maybe something like "Top Youtube Live Performances" as a start point may get things going?

Hi Mike,

Thanks for picking this up. I originally posted on Sunday with a very similar title to the one you suggested. But there was very little reaction. So, I changed it yesterday and added a new comment to raise the profile.👍

I'll change it back to see what happens. 

Cheers

Social source share

I must have watched this a million times already. Fantastic.

Forgot to say that this was filmed live in London UK.

Edited by Guest
Social source share

1 hour ago, Majy said:

I must have watched this a million times already. Fantastic.

Forgot to say that this was filmed live in London UK.

It was actually filmed in Whalley Range,Manchester at the then derelict Wilbraham Rd. Station for the 1964 Granada TV special 'Blues & Gospel Train'

• Up vote 1
Social source share

1 hour ago, Michael V said:

It was actually filmed in Whalley Range,Manchester at the then derelict Wilbraham Rd. Station for the 1964 Granada TV special 'Blues & Gospel Train'

My mistake, I stand corrected 👍

Social source share

morning all

regarding video posts

2 or 3 straight after each other just doesn't work that well on here

better if  try posting one at a time, with a decent gap in between 

doing so will help keep things flowing and may encourage more discussion, posts etc etc

thanks

Social source share

This has to be my fave vid on youtube. I watch and listen to this at least 5 times a week and it kills me everytime.

From two of the greats in the business.

Dan Penn & Spooner Oldham - I'm Your Puppet

Social source share

42 minutes ago, Bo Diddley said:

@Majy

I've watched the Penn and Oldham vid lots in the past but had forgotten about it. Thanks for the reminder (Dan with the dungarees!) 

It's my go to happy place. Put the headphones on, sit back, close my eyes and for 3 minutes and 57 seconds im in heaven. Awesome!

Social source share

2 hours ago, Enricoacm1899 said:

I don't like so much the cheesy keyboards sound but Curtis here is pure class, as usual. Filmed at the begininn' of the 90ies in Germany. Full set

WITHOUT A DOUBT ONE OF THE MOST TALENTED HUMAN BEINGS EVER TO WALK THE EARTH

STILL REMEMBER SEEING THIS LATE ON NIGHT, DON'T THINK I'LL EVER FORGET

• Up vote 2
Social source share

If you are not aware of these videos then you are missing out on some really great live music.

Live From Daryl's House on youtube is awesome.

The O'Jays - Live From Daryl's House

Edited by Guest
Social source share

On 23/04/2020 at 07:16, Mike said:

morning all

regarding video posts

2 or 3 straight after each other just doesn't work that well on here

better if  try posting one at a time, with a decent gap in between 

doing so will help keep things flowing and may encourage more discussion, posts etc etc

thanks

just a reminder

thanks!

Social source share