Top Youtube Live performances !!

1 hour ago, Tomangoes said:

How many remember this! Tony sounds like Kev Robert's.. 

Long after the upper hand, but still a great tune.

She is lovely!

Ed

ok Ed get that you like the track but am wondering why you have nominated this as one of the 'top youtube live ok performances' 

can you expand?

Social source share

I  heard this on the wireless and thought it had i good soulful vocal. Caught something about 3 burners and after a google came to this on YouTube - very pleasantly surprised. I thought they would make a nice 'live act' down at a 100 Club niter; OK it's Russell Crow on the organ, but you've got Shifty on guitar and Butch on the drums!

(in the 70's i remember the local department shop's hi-fi section selling some equipment with a similar 'box' , ? amp, with the whirling thing on it, any with more details?)

Social source share

1 hour ago, Mike said:

ok Ed get that you like the track but am wondering why you have nominated this as one of the 'top youtube live ok performances' 

can you expand?

Well Sir, in my humble opinion it is a great track, and watching this lady singing it live gives me a sense of real atmosphere in her delivery of message.

In a nutshell she is singing her heart out, enjoying performing, and enjoying her moment.

However, as always, it's your site, so feel free to delete or move as appropriate.

Ed

Social source share

Another one lots won't appreciate, but they were the tightest funk/soul band around until Maze caught them up.  First saw them with Santana in 75 and they never disappointed.  The weird thing is the two were due to tour together again in 2020, before Covid hit.

• Up vote 1
Social source share

1 hour ago, Tomangoes said:

I actually crossed 110th street in January this year to get to 112th street...and visit Tom's diner resteraunt (as features in Sienfield).

I did think about the great song whilst crossing.

Ed

Edited by Simon T
im not very bright
Social source share

54 minutes ago, Simon T said:

The film and song across 110th street..

The film is set in Harlem and takes its name from 110th Street, the traditional dividing line between Harlem and Central Park that functioned as an informal boundary of race and class in 1970s New York City.

Social source share

9 minutes ago, Tomangoes said:

No doubt I'll get reprimanded for this...but to be there and see this being sung twice..still send shivers down my back.

Ed

I'm never one for clips from weekenders etc as I feel you need to be there.  Having said that i'll make an exception here, as the voice is still strong and the band pretty tight.

Social source share

Apologies Mike, for 2 in a short time, but just found this for the first time and have to share it.  The pen of Curtis (not many much better), Al Green Linda Jones & Wanda Neal taking us to church on a Sunday morning.  Hallelujah.

Social source share

ok gonna close this now

as we just have  members just repeat posting youtube videos along with low quality chat which sort of goes against the thrust of the topic, which was

Youtube Top live performances

Following on from the recent Soul Source "Kings of Soul" video thread, how about a Soul Source "Top Live Performance" thread? Perhaps a Soul Source Members top 10 or 20?

Ideally with these 'top 10s' topics members just nominate the one track, people talk about it, then another member posts a track and so on

Posting tracks up in the one topic  for 2 or 3 weeks just has a negative knock on effect on other forum topics in what is after all our main discussion (not media) forum , plus the topic just gets watered down with each post

We do have this topic set up in our media forum

best to use that for sharing and talking about youtube videos

• Up vote 1
Social source share