Attractions - Destination You

Hi,

I just bought the record and was wondering if the Monarch pressing of the record is the Instrumental version or the vocal version?

R-13281351-1551300973-8761.jpeg.jpg

Thanks

John

Social source share

5 hours ago, Blackpoolsoul said:

I think it was the Canadian release that had the instrumental on flip, if memory serves me right

Cheers mate. I can never remember if it was the Renfro release or the Monarch release.

John

Social source share

The Canadian mis-press, which features the instrumental tracks on both sides, is actually quite rare. Clearly a cock-up somewhere down the line - I can only think the pressing plant was sent the instrumentals by mistake.

However, it’s clear the mistake was soon spotted and I guess the 45 was swiftly withdrawn and then repressed with the vocals.

Have to say I like both the instrumental tracks very much. Here’s Destination You...

Social source share

1 hour ago, Amsterdam Russ said:

The Canadian mis-press, which features the instrumental tracks on both sides, is actually quite rare. Clearly a cock-up somewhere down the line - I can only think the pressing plant was sent the instrumentals by mistake.

However, it’s clear the mistake was soon spotted and I guess the 45 was swiftly withdrawn and then repressed with the vocals.

Have to say I like both the instrumental tracks very much. Here’s Destination You...

I believe it was an even bigger mess with labels reversed 😀

Social source share

51 minutes ago, Blackpoolsoul said:

I believe it was an even bigger mess with labels reversed 😀

Yes, mine has reversed labels, but I brought this up a few years ago on a previous thread and someone said their copy had labels the correct way around. May only be a few though.

As a matter of interest, I wonder if the vocal got a Aanadian release, or were they all instrumentals.

Social source share

1 minute ago, Mick Holdsworth said:

Yes, mine has reversed labels, but I brought this up a few years ago on a previous thread and someone said their copy had labels the correct way around. May only be a few though.

As a matter of interest, I wonder if the vocal got a Aanadian release, or were they all instrumentals.

As I mentioned earlier, it was repressed with the vocal tracks on. The 45 with the instrumentals on it is not common at all and would have been withdrawn from sale once the mistake was spotted.

Social source share

44 minutes ago, Amsterdam Russ said:

As I mentioned earlier, it was repressed with the vocal tracks on. The 45 with the instrumentals on it is not common at all and would have been withdrawn from sale once the mistake was spotted.

48 minutes ago, Mick Holdsworth said:

What value would you put on it please ?

Social source share

14 minutes ago, Blackpoolsoul said:

What value would you put on it please ?

No idea. If memory serves me well, Anglo American had one for sale a few years back at £200, but I really wouldn't swear to that. Pretty certain though that it's the only time I've seen it on a dealer's list.

Could be wrong, but I don't think it's widely known that the mis-press exists. 

Social source share

3 minutes ago, Amsterdam Russ said:

Just looked and there's one listed on Discogs at $99. Link here...

https://www.discogs.com/sell/release/13595471?ev=rb

Had one of these for ages stuck into my sales box a lot cheaper that I proposed to many and advertised for what it was; 'an instrumental'. Still that didn't even invite the most adventurous DJ's or collectors.

Must admit that even I who love my instrumentals when they are a 'tune', standing on their own, I didn't fancy that instrumental one bit. Maybe it's stil there in the 'junk' pile... a 99 cents to 99 dollars jump ! :)

• Up vote 2
Social source share

1 hour ago, Amsterdam Russ said:

Well, I might just be talking nonsense. I've always taken it as fact that the vocal tracks did get a Canadian release, but now I can't find anything to prove that. Discogs has 38 listed, but only one Canadian - the instrumental.

Can anyone confirm if there was actually a Canadian release of the vocal tracks?

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!