News: New release - Hit and Run 45 - The Delreys

Sold my original about 6-7 years ago for tuppence ha'penny bcos I'd lost heart and fallen out of the loop, didn't think prices had gone up that much since I bought it in the 80s and didn't think anyone rated it. What an idiot! A source of regret!😭

Social source share

1 hour ago, Tony Hancock said:

Looks like a really interesting release but £15 for a single is steep, particularly at this time when money is short. How can this be justified? Where is the added value in your offer, compared to your competitors who price lower?

Price is £12 ea. plus P&P which stacks up with Diggin' Deep, Iphizo, Soul Junction and some Kent releases. MD Records are £10 whilst Soul4Real and Cannonball (£20) are more expensive. Price seems about right for new, limited edition releases.

• Up vote 1
Social source share

14 minutes ago, Tony Hancock said:

I've no idea who this response is from as its unattributed. 

it's from a member using an username, a bit like yourself using tony hancock

if you go back and read the actual article posted by Gary Cape

you can see that the price you quoted (the one you complained about) actually includes the postage!

HR 1516 - DELREYS INCORPORATED :
Destination Unknown - www.youtube.com/watch?v=79FaFrVTtQ0
Crying In My Sleep - www.youtube.com/watch?v=TgwIlRjA4zo

£12 + £3 p/p = £15.00  -  paypal as f&f please to - hitandrunsoul45@gmail.com

Social source share

Hi Mike. Your reply came through but there was no name attached to it; that's why I asked. We'll have to agree to disagree on the pricing structure. The fact that Gary Cape has a proven track record, which I respect, doesn't make the product more affordable.

Social source share

9 minutes ago, Tony Hancock said:

Hi Mike. Your reply came through but there was no name attached to it; that's why I asked. We'll have to agree to disagree on the pricing structure. The fact that Gary Cape has a proven track record, which I respect, doesn't make the product more affordable.

sounds like you are not reading the forum via a browser but reading notifications or something, try viewing from the forum

on agree to disagree bit,  all I say is if you are going to complain about the pricing of any product be it a 45 or a new car  then it does help if you actually complain about the correct price!

Social source share

22 hours ago, Tony Hancock said:

Looks like a really interesting release but £15 for a single is steep, particularly at this time when money is short. How can this be justified? Where is the added value in your offer, compared to your competitors who price lower?

If you compare this to the price of an original copy of this 7" then it's extremely reasonable considering most copies go for £800-1k

In terms of pricing along with other new releases then again it's still in line with a lot of other labels

Social source share

On 28/04/2020 at 13:54, Tony Hancock said:

It's really good for the scene to have this material re-released but I won't be buying  at £12 plus £3 p and p, at this time. 

No offence intended to anyone. Just my view. Stay safe and well.

"Really good for the scene..."? Not in my opinion. People with an original are likely to start dropping it from their playlists as the wannabes start playing it at their little nights. Same goes for hell of a lot of good tunes lately.

Save up for an original or travel to hear someone who plays it. That's what's good for the scene.

- Kev

Social source share

I think it is a fab release and the flip is simply superb. 

Trouble with the original, for a record that isn't really rare it has been taken away from the pockets of most by people paying daft prices, too many Djs wanting it.  This is one I have bought, I have all the releases on the label, not that I will play it out mind.

• Up vote 1
Social source share

As Chalky says, it's not all that rare and also its been played for the best part of 50 years. So I doubt a decent, properly-done reissue for folk to play at home or, dare I say it, at a local soul night is going to destroy the scene, such as it is. (Or affect the inflated current price for an original if that is the worry).

And I don't get what the problem is with the price for this reissue at all...

(Edit. Comment on the article. Thought this was originally Blackpool Mecca, not Cleethorpes?)

Edited by Joesoap
  • Up vote 2
Social source share

I got my copy from John Anderson Same as Colin Did on one of my regular visits to Soul Bowl, Doesn't really matter who and where it got played First, think about it, if Colin got it on the same visit as me he would have played it first as we were an All-Niter but I won't lose any sleep over it Because we were on the Ball with it Thanks To John.

• Up vote 3
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!