Usb Super Gadget

Cheltsoulnights

post-1376-1168801963_thumb.jpg

First time i've uploaded a pic to a topic so here goes

Thought i'd mention this cute little gadget that my shop is now stocking

Basically you stick it on the end of your Turntable, Cd player or minidisc leads and plug straight into your PC!

Brilliant!

You can even plug a mixer onto it and record a live performance on your pc!

Drawbacks

1. It doesn't make you a cup of tea

2. You need to pay me £47 for each one (i'll chuck in Free uk shipping)

3. its not on my website yet, but call 01242 222721 or email saveltd@btconnect or PM me and use paypal

Edited by Stereotype
Social source share

soul auctionsTap here for 24hr ebay Lists  Sign in to Switch Ebay Lists OFF 
  • Replies 93
  • Views 7.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

Guest dundeedavie

Also i'm looking for feedback on what people think about it

and if there is already something out there that does the same job

personally i use a double ended jack plug from headphone socket to laptop

Social source share

Guest Awake 502

Also i'm looking for feedback on what people think about it

and if there is already something out there that does the same job

3.5mm stereo jack to 2 x RCA phono plugs.......

"record out" back of amp to "line in" on sound card........

Social source share

from a technical point of view the headphone jack has a very low quality amplifier on it, this gadget allows you to digitise the true signal direct from the source. So you get perfect recordings (as good as the source)

hope this helps

Social source share

from a technical point of view the headphone jack has a very low quality amplifier on it, this gadget allows you to digitise the true signal direct from the source. So you get perfect recordings (as good as the source)

hope this helps

Any idea how long the lead that runs from the amp to the computer is? Can you get different length leads or extensions and would an extension effect the sound?

Social source share

Any idea how long the lead that runs from the amp to the computer is? Can you get different length leads or extensions and would an extension effect the sound?

I got one from Mapins at 2m long, no problems does not have an effect on the quality> I got set up for less than a tenner from Mapins certainly better than spending 50 quid or 100 quid on those USB decks

Social source share

I got one from Mapins at 2m long, no problems does not have an effect on the quality> I got set up for less than a tenner from Mapins certainly better than spending 50 quid or 100 quid on those USB decks

I tried running a lead from a little pre-amp box thing into the headphone hole before and the sound was awful, it sounded all scratchy and hissy even though the record was fine. I thought one of these gizmo's may work better.

Social source share

I tried running a lead from a little pre-amp box thing into the headphone hole before and the sound was awful, it sounded all scratchy and hissy even though the record was fine. I thought one of these gizmo's may work better.

You dont need a pre amp just take the lead straight from the head phone socket on your system to the sound card on the Pc its worth having a dual plug at the head phone socket so you can plug them in at the same time. I use Nero Sound track to record on to the pc and you need to make sure the levels are set correctly

Social source share

You dont need a pre amp just take the lead straight from the head phone socket on your system to the sound card on the Pc its worth having a dual plug at the head phone socket so you can plug them in at the same time. I use Nero Sound track to record on to the pc and you need to make sure the levels are set correctly

I`ve told her,she just dont listen :thumbsup:

Social source share

:thumbsup: I'm confused.

So I need a lead with a headphone input on both ends and put a lead from the headphone socket out of the amp and the other end into the headphone socket on my computer? what do I plug in at the same time? Do I set the levels on my computer or on the amp? WAH!

Social source share

I tried what you told me and it didnt work :thumbsup:

Use a mixer (dead cheap second hand if you don't already have one). Turnatble line out to mixer line in, mixer line out to PC sound card line in. Download a free bit of software (audiograbber or wavepad). Job done and easy to adjust volume etc with the mixer.

Mind you I was clueless but a friend set this up for me in less than 5 minutes and it works superbly!

Adam.

Social source share

Use a mixer (dead cheap second hand if you don't already have one). Turnatble line out to mixer line in, mixer line out to PC sound card line in. Download a free bit of software (audiograbber or wavepad). Job done and easy to adjust volume etc with the mixer.

Mind you I was clueless but a friend set this up for me in less than 5 minutes and it works superbly!

Adam.

how much would a cheap second hand mixer cost? Kenny, do you fancy popping round for a cup of tea? :thumbsup:

Social source share

how much would a cheap second hand mixer cost? Kenny, do you fancy popping round for a cup of tea? :thumbsup:

Get a second hand one from Cash Convertors or somewhere similar for about £15-£20. Mind you I've also heard pretty good things about these USB devices so if you can't be bothered with the other methods and don't mind spending the money then at least they are pretty straightforward to use and still much cheaper than a USB turntable.

Social source share

You need one of these,come later maybe.........after 9pm.

post-1986-1168881282_thumb.jpg

This is spare,you can have it.

Social source share

There you go. I think that's what's in the unopened box that my wife bought me for Xmas. Some kinda turntable you plug into the computer.

I have no idea what to do with it and did ask on another thread if there was anybody near Clitheroe in Lancashire who had the time and patience to pop round and show a moron what exactly to do with it.

So far no takers so Im thinking of draping a tablecloth over it and using it as a low bedside cabinet.

ROD

Social source share

You need one of these,come later maybe.........after 9pm.

post-1986-1168881282_thumb.jpg

This is spare,you can have it.

Oh goody, Ive always wanted a pair of binoculars :thumbsup:

Social source share

Guest woolie mark

my laptop hasn't got audio inputs

i've got a lead with phono plugs on one end (which i've connected to my mixer) and a (small!) jack plug on the other end

where do i plug the jack into my laptop?

there doesn't seem to be a "line in" socket - i figured i could use the microphone socket, but is there a better option?

Social source share

i've got a lead with phono plugs on one end (which i've connected to my mixer) and a (small!) jack plug on the other end

there doesn't seem to be a "line in" socket - i figured i could use the microphone socket, but is there a better option?

No,use your microphone.

Social source share

it works but you need the gadget to get a true quality recording

trust me i'm not a doctor

Social source share

I'm sure he will zoom in and out with them :D

Funny thing tho`Pete,i would have had one of yours,but just bought something else(£43),so gotta`buy another device(£44)to do what yours does,but can`t play bakc from PC to Amp,use the headphones but to much bakcground noise,probberly get one of yours at a later date,but cant buy these thing everyweek,would be nice to see some feedbakc.

Goodlukc Stereotype.

Social source share

Guest woolie mark

it works but you need the gadget to get a true quality recording

trust me i'm not a doctor

will you be having a january sale pete?

i can't bear paying the asking price for anything rolleyes.gif

Social source share

I got mine from Maplins too......but I run them from record out on my amp to mic socket on the pc....nice crispy sound for around £8....Audio grabber is a good freebie too...had no problems with it at all & dead simple to understand

Social source share

Funny thing tho`Pete,i would have had one of yours,but just bought something else(£43),so gotta`buy another device(£44)to do what yours does,but can`t play bakc from PC to Amp,use the headphones but to much bakcground noise,probberly get one of yours at a later date,but cant buy these thing everyweek,would be nice to see some feedbakc.

Goodlukc Stereotype.

You only need a lead for the playback

if its to an amp

Social source share

You only need a lead for the playback

if its to an amp

I meant headphone sokcet to my mixer/amp.i know i can play em`on me PC,but would like to send through my USB.

Social source share

I meant headphone sokcet to my mixer/amp.i know i can play em`on me PC,but would like to send through my USB.

You can get a reasonable playback from your pc sound card line out socket with a lead to an input on your mixer or amp.

But if you want to record on your pc direct from a source e.g. a deck, then the gadget converts everything to digital for a quality recording.

Social source share

You can get a reasonable playback from your pc sound card line out socket with a lead to an input on your mixer or amp.

But if you want to record on your pc direct from a source e.g. a deck, then the gadget converts everything to digital for a quality recording.

Not reasonable,and i allready have device to from amp/mixer to USB,very good it is too!!,but cost too much!!.

Social source share

Fetch one to Middleton for me..

£42?

shades.gif

Will do, if they arrive in time (20th)

By the way the other site has had its hands slapped to put there price up to what it should be

that makes me £16 cheaper if you dont pay the carriage

Happy Daze

Edited by Stereotype
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert