Timmie Williams

soul auctionsTap here for 24hr ebay Lists  Sign in to Switch Ebay Lists OFF 

Funny that my missus was the same so it had to go to Steve Chadwick back in the mid-nineties - £1200 if my memory serves me well - only an alleged 4 copy sound back then - Pat Brady / Paul Rudzitis / Me and 1 other - shortly after Butch got another from a Discoveries / Goldmine auction maybe more but no internet / youtube etc back then so who knows. Won my copy in a sealed bid auction from a guy in Washington state - $811 - I had bid @ $670 and was talking to David Foreman in Texas and he asked whether I had seen the 45 up for auction - I said yes and that I had put a bid in. He asked how much so I told him and he said 'not enough' - I asked how he knew that and he told me he had been speaking to the guy selling as he was a friend that he'd met on the US circuit - 'you'll need more than $750'  Went back in under my near neighbour Derek Allen with $811 and won it

Very much a blokie sound though - keep all those big ticket items coming - I just love to see them - I've only got 3 wants - George Pepp / Springers / Earle's

Regards

Steve

• Thanks 1
Social source share

23 hours ago, Vadnochka said:

Funny that my missus was the same so it had to go to Steve Chadwick back in the mid-nineties - £1200 if my memory serves me well - only an alleged 4 copy sound back then - Pat Brady / Paul Rudzitis / Me and 1 other - shortly after Butch got another from a Discoveries / Goldmine auction maybe more but no internet / youtube etc back then so who knows. Won my copy in a sealed bid auction from a guy in Washington state - $811 - I had bid @ $670 and was talking to David Foreman in Texas and he asked whether I had seen the 45 up for auction - I said yes and that I had put a bid in. He asked how much so I told him and he said 'not enough' - I asked how he knew that and he told me he had been speaking to the guy selling as he was a friend that he'd met on the US circuit - 'you'll need more than $750'  Went back in under my near neighbour Derek Allen with $811 and won it

Very much a blokie sound though - keep all those big ticket items coming - I just love to see them - I've only got 3 wants - George Pepp / Springers / Earle's

Regards

Steve

Are yes I have the Coleman release by George Pepp The feeling is real written by the Caliste brothers not for sale at the moment.

Social source share

Leicester copy was my mate Paul Rudzitis - should of seen his face when I rocked up with one. Yorkshire copy almost certainly Pat Brady, he used to open most of his spots back in the 90's - lives in Leeds - I used to pop in for coffee & toast and do some deals back in the 90's then on to Tim Brown in Tod then on into the 'valley' to do shoe trade business. So those two copies were well known back before the 90's, both named in my original response. There's been quite a few since the internet got cracking.

Social source share

Couldn't get rid of her - she treated me to a Mel Williams - Sweet girl of mine - Buddah - so will forgive her most things. Although lock down and 24/7 contact is wearing a bit thin - better buy some more vinyl to lift the gloom - Just bought Poets - Wrapped - J2 & Features - Cause it hurts - Delphi - ahh thats better - what's next !!!

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!