It Must Be An Original Then

Pete S

• Replies 22
  • Views 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Monach bootlegs from the 70s are not a problem recognising, as they all have delta # in the deadwax that corrresponds to a date. There is an Original Coasters - carzy baby with an MR stamp + delta # 58721 from September 1965. The bootleg via from L.A. has a Delta # 95372 pressed in 1974

It's those "excellent" bootlegs outa New York in the flexi vinyl you need to be concerned about as these were made to decieve and sold as originals and they are good repros.

All Atco releases have a C in the deadwax after a # which corresponds to the year. The Coasters original vinyl copy on Atco is 65C = 1965. the bootlegger of the vinyl press was not careful and scratch in 65L. Beware of matrix changes of the L to a C by the unscrupulous..

Social source share

my copy is an white issue, vinyl with 65 c 9290 // and m. the matrax is scratched not stamped think its a real one!!!!!! looks near mint a little bit of light hissing could be a pressing fault?

Social source share

my copy is an white issue, vinyl with 65 c 9290 // and m. the matrax is scratched not stamped think its a real one!!!!!! looks near mint a little bit of light hissing could be a pressing fault?

The Deadwax info - Both are Vinyl copies

iN THE ORDER THAT THEY APPEAR inc the "LW"

DEMO

"W -----------65C - 9290 - I I @ -----------WL AT"

Stock Copy

Atco_45-6379a_DJ.jpgAtco_45-6379a.jpg

All scratched in except the @

I HOPE THAT THIS HELPS

Edited by 45cellar
Social source share

yep paid £90 from a geezer from nuneaton named threadbear ebay

Hi Mobbsy

Well as there is a West Coast Stock Copy, this sounds like a White West Coast DEMO.

I personally haven't seen either, but John has already given the Monarch Delta number as 58721 for the West Coast press.

So this should be what you are looking for.

Social source share

Monach bootlegs from the 70s are not a problem recognising, as they all have delta # in the deadwax that corrresponds to a date. There is an Original Coasters - carzy baby with an MR stamp + delta # 58721 from September 1965. The bootleg via from L.A. has a Delta # 95372 pressed in 1974

It's those "excellent" bootlegs outa New York in the flexi vinyl you need to be concerned about as these were made to decieve and sold as originals and they are good repros.

All Atco releases have a C in the deadwax after a # which corresponds to the year. The Coasters original vinyl copy on Atco is 65C = 1965. the bootlegger of the vinyl press was not careful and scratch in 65L. Beware of matrix changes of the L to a C by the unscrupulous..

Oh Bollocks :D:thumbsup::shhh:

BH

Social source share

Hi Mobbsy

If you look at my White DEMO copy there isn't anything, not even a "Plug Side" A or B

Hi Mobbsy

Here are a couple of other ATCO White DEMO's, which only have "PLUG SIDE" on the label.

(Although there is a BOOT of Darrell Banks and the Deadwax tells all)

Atco_45-6342a_DJ.jpgAtco_45-6484a_DJ.jpg

There isn't any DEMO indication, other than the White Label

Edited by 45cellar
Social source share

My East Coast WDJ vinyl has all your markings but it does say "Plug Side" on "Bell bottom..." side. On the Left under 65c-9291.

ROD

Hi Rod

Thanks for that, as I said I havent seen a West Coast White DEMO.

I've had another look at mine, doesn't look like It's been erased or anything.

I sort of guessed that "Bell Bottom ..." might be the A Side at the time of issue but wasn't 100% sure, thanks.

Social source share

• 1 month later...
Guest northwest vinyl

Just had a look at my issue copy and it is the exact same as your demo, with the "II" rather than the "I@"

The Deadwax info - Both are Vinyl copies

iN THE ORDER THAT THEY APPEAR inc the "LW"

DEMO

Stock Copy

Social source share

Just had a look at my issue copy and it is the exact same as your demo, with the "II" rather than the "I@"

Hi

Looks like yours was from the same Master as the DEMO, making it at least two runs at the pressing plant for the East Coast Stock Copy. :thumbsup:

Edited by 45cellar
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!