? Demo Quitter Never Wins

Advice please, bought a demo of Larry Williams & Johnny Watson Quitter 4-7274.  No red coloured A as on some Okeh Demos, all black on white label printing.  J2SP-115907 is the runout matrix, paid £10 so will put it down to experience if it's a boot.

Edited by ricspooner
spelling
Social source share

28 minutes ago, ricspooner said:

WoodButcher seems you answered a similar question on this site on September 29, 2017.   Diagnosis; fake.

Well it was very easy to tell .... seeing as the poster added scans of his 45 for us to see ... :rolleyes:

Don't want to sound harsh , but you didn't actually think that everyone else was going to do your legwork for you regarding traipsing through the site archives in search of an answer to a question that couldn't accurately be answered without seeing the actual record in question  ?    ... :no:

• Up vote 1
Social source share

1 hour ago, ricspooner said:

Forgive this newbie.  

Member since 2006 ... newbie ... hardly ... but at least you've got the answer now .

There are that many boots/counterfeits around that it's impossible for anyone to know all the answers , I certainly don't , nor would I claim to , even the great JM gets it wrong now and then . ( Rarely I admit. ) 

Even those who have good knowledge from years back get thrown now and then as 'new' boot versions are appearing on a weekly basis and then there are the myriad of single cut carvers that get passed off as proper jobbies , it's a minefield out there for sure.

The fact that it was only a tenner was a good indication that it was dodgy though , there are a few real ones that get snapped up after being incorrectly identified on fleabay but they're very few and far between these days , a quick Google soon shines light on them. ( Try Discogs or 45Cat for starters. )

Stay safe up there ... :thumbsup: 

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!