Bitter and the Sweet bootleg

I was just browsing through ebay and saw this Bitter and the Sweet lookalike. I enlarged it and compared it to mine, which I've had for years. On the face of it, it was identical. To be fair, the seller said it was a carver, but is there a way to tell them from the originals?

Thanks.

Social source share

• Replies 5
  • Views 941
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

36 minutes ago, greety said:

I was just browsing through ebay and saw this Bitter and the Sweet lookalike. I enlarged it and compared it to mine, which I've had for years. On the face of it, it was identical. To be fair, the seller said it was a carver, but is there a way to tell them from the originals?

Thanks.

I am guessing that the matrix details are in the wax on your copy (stamped or etched) and I doubt very much a carver would have any matricies at all and the run out "distance" to the label would be different ?

Social source share

HI

On my copy it has it has a scratched (not stamped) Archer with just a capital A. A single scratched capital R and two other sets of small scratched and unreadable digits dotted around the run out groove,

Thanks for your interest.

Dave

Social source share

1 hour ago, greety said:

HI

On my copy it has it has a scratched (not stamped) Archer with just a capital A. A single scratched capital R and two other sets of small scratched and unreadable digits dotted around the run out groove,

Thanks for your interest.

Dave

Seems unusual that it's not stamped archer, however I still think the carver will be non etched (anything) carver

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!