sad news Little Richard has passed away RIP

One of the most exciting, intense, energetic and distinctively brilliant recording artists of the last 70 years. Not many singers could hammer out a lyric like awopbopaloobop etc and make it sound so alive. It was simply thrilling to see him perform and to hear his fervent vocals.

His rock n roll was hugely influential but his soul sides and gospel recordings show the range of his considerable abilities.

• Up vote 3
Social source share

Really sad news;simply a Legend and a trailblazer-across many genres of music and across the decades,from his very 1st(and very underrated) recordings for RCA  and Peacock in the early 50's inc. some fine R&B and prototype Soul ballads, to his Rock n' Roll classics on Specialty (only Jerry Lee left of the major R n' R stars now) in the mid-50's to his nice Gospel in the early 60's to his Vee Jay Deep Soul classic of 64'' I Don't Know What You Got ', to those great mid-late 60's Okeh Soul sides we all know,love and have danced to all these years.

An amazing  live performer and a great,unique artist

• Up vote 1
Social source share

1 hour ago, Ian Parker said:

whats a score with this release/label ?    i thought it was a uk only single...   also the writing credits state Penniman?

This is the live version from the LP, and UK release is different studio version, I think, credits are possibly wrong.....🤨 interesting though to be credited to Bobby Marchan

Little.jpg

Littke.jpg

Edited by Blackpoolsoul
Social source share

• 4 weeks later...

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!