Falcons '(I'm a fool) I must love you' promo ?

Remember a tread on here about rare promotional singles releases.

A mention of the Falcons on Big Wheel 321 being mentioned. But I am yet to be showed one.

Thought not to exist. The only sort of "quoted" promo I've seen is with a stamp 'A' on 'fool' side.

Still does anyone own or has seen a white demo of this if ever ?

Social source share

• Replies 7
  • Views 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

2 minutes ago, Nick Soule said:

I’m pretty sure “Standing On Guard” was the only Falcons release on Big Wheel to get a white label promo.

My belief as well. So likely no promo labeled copies for the first of the label and the two lasts, unless someone comes along...

Social source share

I've never seen a white demo of 1972.  The only white demos, or non-sticker-tagged demo of a Big Wheel issue I've seen were The Falcons' "Standing On Guard", and Sandy Hollis' "I'm Tempted".   And, I can't be sure that the latter isn't a bootleg, because it was the green, store stalker, that I bought at the time the record was out, and got the white copy a few years later (which, incidentally, doesn't have any wording on it related to being a promotional copy).

Edited by Robbk
Social source share

36 minutes ago, Robbk said:

I've never seen a white demo of 1972.  The only white demos, or non-sticker-tagged demo of a Big Wheel issue were The Falcons' "Standing On Guard", and Sandy Hollis' "I'm Tempted".   And, I can't be sure that the latter isn't a bootleg, because it was the green, store stalker, that I bought at the time the record was out, and got the white copy later (which, incidentally, doesn't have any wording on it related to being a promotional copy).

The Falcons (standing on guard), Sandy Hollis, Betty La Vette and Eddie King had white label issues presumed promo (not quoted 'promo' though) releases as opposed to their green Big Wheel labels commercial edits.

The two later Falcons 'good good felling' and 'love look in her eyes' (both green and blue label variations) never. Begging specifically for the existence or not of the 'white label' variation of the first Big Wheel release.

Social source share

1 hour ago, Tlscapital said:

The Falcons (standing on guard), Sandy Hollis, Betty La Vette and Eddie King had white label issues presumed promo (not quoted 'promo' though) releases as opposed to their green Big Wheel labels commercial edits.

The two later Falcons 'good good felling' and 'love look in her eyes' (both green and blue label variations) never. Begging specifically for the existence or not of the 'white label' variation of the first Big Wheel release.

Now that you mention it, I DO remember seeing a white issue of the Eddie King, as well.

Social source share

On 16/05/2020 at 00:15, Robbk said:

Now that you mention it, I DO remember seeing a white issue of the Eddie King, as well.

I collected the Big Wheel label (clue is in the username :) )...have only two of them on white demos...

Bigwheel Demos.jpg

Social source share

37 minutes ago, bigwheel said:

Bigwheel Demos.jpg

Looking good like so in their WDJ dress he ? 😉 Also have the Betty La Vette as a WDJ label. Had the Falcons 'standing on guard'. Although it looked good, it had some playback issue (like hiss) and so only kept the stocker as a 'filler'. Would love them 5 firsts Big Wheel 45 as WDJ but likely only the first one doesn't exist as a WDJ...

Edited by Tlscapital
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!