Tina Lewis -back Street

Guest eedeecee

Guest eedeecee

does anybody knows who Tina Lewis is?? I have this version of 'back street' originally by Edwin Starr...

and it's not a bad version at all

Social source share

• Replies 4
  • Views 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Funny old world...I remember when this came out..I hated it so much I took it back to the shop !

From memory I think Neil Rushton was involved..he might be able to tell you who it is.

Social source share

Funny old world...I remember when this came out..I hated it so much I took it back to the shop !

From memory I think Neil Rushton was involved..he might be able to tell you who it is.

Yes, it came out on Neil's Inferno label, must have been '83 as IIRC it was along with a couple of singles of live tracks from the Ric-Tic revue. I take it Tina Lewis ws a UK session singer?

Hippo.

Social source share

Guest eedeecee

Yes, it came out on Neil's Inferno label, must have been '83 as IIRC it was along with a couple of singles of live tracks from the Ric-Tic revue. I take it Tina Lewis ws a UK session singer?

Hippo.

that's the correct information. But who Tina Lewis still remains a mystery. Oh well, maybe better so...

although I like her voice 'backstreet' was never a big fav of mine, more of a very passable tune IMO

Social source share

that's the correct information. But who Tina Lewis still remains a mystery. Oh well, maybe better so...

although I like her voice 'backstreet' was never a big fav of mine, more of a very passable tune IMO

=======

i remember chris king saying in the 80's she was a girl from bradford!

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!