The Soul Majestics ‎– I Done Told You Baby / Missing You

Great record.

On 2 labels.

Not particuarlily rare but!

Desirable at the moment.

People are chancing their arms.

I thought I did well last year buying one for £40 and selling for £100.

People are gonna be stuck with it at some of the current prices.

• Up vote 1
Social source share

43 minutes ago, Paul Riley said:

thanks Chalky, I've just found a copy of it in my sh*^t box, I just don't see the attraction to me its not a top tune 

"I Done Told You" is very sought after by the lowrider crowd. And it IS a superb tune in that regard. "Missing You" on the other hand.. eh. 

• Up vote 1
Social source share

9 minutes ago, TRICKY said:

lGreat record.

On 2 labels.

Not particuarlily rare but!

Desirable at the moment.

People are chancing their arms.

I thought I did well last year buying one for £40 and selling for £100.

People are gonna be stuck with it at some of the current prices.

2 labels and 3 variations. The first release on Chicago Music Bag, then the Al-Tog vinyl and the Al-Tog styrene pressings. They are all 3 seemingly as rare or not really so rare but facing a recent growing demand.

Always kept mine as I love the 'I done told you baby' side. Classic Big Chi-Sound. Never had to be 'older' to love my slowies nor await a demand for such sounds to be 'in vogue' to jump on the train wagon.

Now the prices are really all over the place and I wonder if one could sell any of these pressings for more than £150 even though Discogs sales show one that went around £250... Craig Moerer's $750 is a joke.

Social source share

2 minutes ago, Tlscapital said:

Craig Moerer's $750 is a joke.

Well, one did sell on Ebay for around $800 last year so I guess they're being hopeful. Although I do agree that it is completely nuts. 

As for rarity, the yellow CMB one seems to pop up less often? In any case, it has some extra backing vocals towards the end of "Told You" that I'm not a big fan of, having heard the other version first.  

• Thanks 1
Social source share

8 minutes ago, damian said:

Well, one did sell on Ebay for around $800 last year so I guess they're being hopeful. Although I do agree that it is completely nuts. 

As for rarity, the yellow CMB one seems to pop up less often? In any case, it has some extra backing vocals towards the end of "Told You" that I'm not a big fan of, having heard the other version first.  

Didn't know there was a "mix" difference with the Chicago Music Bag release. Even the mastering between the Al-Tog vinyl and styrene slightly differ evidently. The vinyl Al-Tog "silky lush" mastering gets my vote here.

Well if one sold $810 and another seemingly got $450 for it and most others barely got $200 and most went for less, I know where to set my price the day I'll have a spare to trade or sell not to feel ripping-off the taker.

• Up vote 1
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!