susan triska

Awful news, Skippy Sue was so well known on the scene. Always bursting with energy and snapping with her camera.  So sorry to hear this news.  😔 

Social source share

1 hour ago, Les H said:

RIP Skippy Sue 

Sue will be sadly missed on the soul scene. Missed by the DJs as you could be sure the second she walked into the room, she was on the floor dancing her unique dance all night long,  keeping the atmosphere going.
 Missed by promotors and soulies alike for the thousands of photos she took over the years keeping all our precious memories alive.
A stalwart of our Scene, Sue will be sorely missed by many far and wide. A great, great loss. Thank you Sue for your friendship and all you have done for the Scene - you will never, ever be forgotten. Les and Sue X

Momentous words Les. Very very sad indeed. RIP Sue. from Derek and Janet XX

• Up vote 3
Social source share

Very sad news. Another empty space on the dance floor down here and another space filled on that eternal dance floor  upstairs along with everyone else who we have lost.   Rip

Condolences to her family and friends 

With love Mick & Kevin 

Edited by Greedy Mick
Spelling
  • Up vote 1
Social source share

didnt matter which soul night you chose to go to on a friday or saturday night,odds on SUE would be there at one of them ,dancing away and taking loads of photos..a regular at BURSCOUGH  LEGION..will be sadly missed..R.I.P. SUE..xx

Edited by Staceys Dad
  • Up vote 1
Social source share

As just one of the DJs at Towngate Leyland soul collective, (Sue was one of our regulars) we will really miss her. The whole soul club scene is going to miss "Skippy Sue" she was a lovely lady who knew how to enjoy herself, on the dance floor all night. Rest in peace Sue, you won't be forgotten we will always remember you !

Paul James x

Edited by Preston soulie
  • Up vote 1
Social source share

Very sad to hear this news about "Skippy" Sue,such a lovely genuine lady who

will be missed by all of us,no more suffering,rest in peace dear lady,it was an

honour and a privilege to have known you.

Thoughts with Family and Friends,Ron. :hatsoff2:

• Up vote 2
Social source share

Another NS legend that will be sadly missed. When the camera came out, Sue took photos of everyone, whether she knew them or not. She captured the whole event. Will never forget her dancing at Heywood Civic, where the stage ran down the wing and not behind the goals. About 50m each way, or Heywood to Rochdale and back again !  RIP Sue x

• Up vote 3
Social source share

Although I didn't know Sue well at all, I was truly shocked to read about her passing yesterday. Even my good lady who has only accompanied me a few times down south, remembers Sue and was saddened to hear. That pretty much sums Sue up to me.......even to relative strangers she leaves memories of how special a lady she was. RIP Sue. Alan & Beth xx

• Up vote 1
Social source share

It was terrible when Pete told us about Skippy's condition last year, and the worst possible news yesterday.

First met her at Heywood Civic where that big dancefloor was just about the right size for her :-)

She supported everybody over the years and will be Greatly missed.

R.I.P. Skippy.

• Up vote 2
Social source share

I heard the sad news yesterday and it really upset me. When I told Sandy she broke down, she's known Sue for years and years, I've only known her and Pete for two or so years. Such a nice lady, always on the dance floor and always smiling. My condolences to Pete and the family.

RIP Sue.

Social source share

Its terrible news ...RIP Skippy Sue, you will be sadly missed by all. I'll always treasure the appearances you made at many a Northern Soul venue & the chats we had. You will always be a top soul girl in many peoples hearts.

My Condolences to Pete & the family.

Mike Mc (Man in Black).

• Up vote 1
Social source share

MND is an evil b@sxxxd!!

To take such a lovely lady with a heart of gold and a passion for life is truly heartbreaking.

Rest In Peace Beautiful Susan Triska & Soul Source’s Skippy Sue.

You will be missed by absolutely everyone who knew you

Sending love and strength to her family & close friends at this painful time.

Alison x

• Up vote 2
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!