Tommy Tate

Guest TONY ROUNCE

Guest TONY ROUNCE

Hi all,

Not sure if this is the right part of the forum for this request, but I'm almost finished preparing a forthcoming Kent CD of Tommy Tate's complete KoKo recordings (including "If You've Got To Love Somebody" and the under-rated "Sanity") and I've been searching - so far, in vain - to see if Tommy had ever been interviewed.

I have spent the best part of yesterday afternoon and yesterday morning trawling through untold amounts of soul mags and fanzines, and I've turned up nothing - completely at odds with my memory, which suggests that 'Voices From The Shadows' carried a full TT interview at some point. I have access to a full set of "Voices" except # 1, and I could find now't.

If anyone can point me in the right direction, there'll be a copy of the CD in it for them (and a 'thank you' in the acknowledgements) once it's released!

Ta

TONE :thumbsup:

Social source share

• Replies 4
  • Views 986
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Guest uroffal

Hi all,

Not sure if this is the right part of the forum for this request, but I'm almost finished preparing a forthcoming Kent CD of Tommy Tate's complete KoKo recordings (including "If You've Got To Love Somebody" and the under-rated "Sanity") and I've been searching - so far, in vain - to see if Tommy had ever been interviewed.

I have spent the best part of yesterday afternoon and yesterday morning trawling through untold amounts of soul mags and fanzines, and I've turned up nothing - completely at odds with my memory, which suggests that 'Voices From The Shadows' carried a full TT interview at some point. I have access to a full set of "Voices" except # 1, and I could find now't.

If anyone can point me in the right direction, there'll be a copy of the CD in it for them (and a 'thank you' in the acknowledgements) once it's released!

Ta

TONE :thumbsup:

Might be this one you're thinking of: https://www.soulexpress.net/issue301.htm

Social source share

Guest uroffal

I believe you win tonight's star prize! Ta ever so let me know to who and where I send the CD when it comes out. You can PM me if you're shy...

Thanks again!

TONE :yes:

Cheers Tone - name's Gary Pluck (or you can credit UROFFAL if you want :thumbsup: )

Will PM my address though

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!