Kim Toliver - I Caught You

Merve

2 hours ago, Richard Free said:

Sold this week for £8 on discogs had it on there for 4 months .A great tune .So many great Cheap records  out there but lots of collectors want knob wavers not killer tunes 

That would have been me I think Richard - I trawl discogs looking for cheapies I haven't heard or are long forgotten minor plays from the past

popboutique vinyl?

Edited by Merve
Social source share

Andy Lee gave it go back in the 70's following the success of "I don't know what foot to dance on" - no one seemed particularly interested at the time.

Great tune though.

Edited by Rich B
Spelling
  • Up vote 1
Social source share

3 hours ago, Graham Anthony said:

"I caught you" Kim ripping off the Soul Children "Hearsay" ! How do they get away with it-even got a lot of the same lyrics as well as tune. Must say the Soul Children win hands down!

Hmmm...Both 1972 releases, which came 1st ?....Both Credit Norman West so even if slightly after The Soul Children 'rip off' is a bit strong wouldnt you say ?

Social source share

• 1 month later...
10 minutes ago, Kjw said:

I've two promos of this, different colour labels, strange they put them out twice, perhaps the incorrect spelling of the name on the white one 

Kim-Tolivar-500x500.jpg.76cf07e8c9c701923e21356b9c6b954a.jpg

Kim-Tolliver-Red-500x500.jpg.7b97724ffa0c0401f03db6c75face76c.jpg

Would imagine you are right mate. I bought the coloured one but in hindsight perhaps should have gone for the white as like you say common sense would make it the 1st pressing

Social source share

Probably doesn't make any difference to the value, not an expensive record whichever press it is

Having said you don't see many issue copies I've just seen a few on Discogs, about double the price of the promos

• Up vote 1
Social source share

4 minutes ago, Kjw said:

Probably doesn't make any difference to the value, not an expensive record whichever press it is

Having said you don't see many issue copies I've just seen a few on Discogs, about double the price of the promos

Agree. I think copies would soon dry up if it got a few plays though.

• Up vote 1
Social source share

1 hour ago, Kjw said:

Agree I’ve never considered this expensive always just a good cheap record.

i think I’ve had all but one of her records and really rate her as an artist.

• Up vote 2
Social source share

1 hour ago, Dylan said:

Agree I’ve never considered this expensive always just a good cheap record.

i think I’ve had all but one of her records and really rate her as an artist.

I bet the one you havent had is 'I Can't Get Into You' ?.......I've been after that for a while

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!