Picture a world with no more soul events

6 hours ago, Winsford Soul said:

Martin.  If you hear of any illegal venue's. let me know. I'm definitely interested. Count me in 

Is the barn still going? Never been lucky enough for an invite myself. But I think there will be some large extended house parties. The afternighter thing has become crucial for a certain quarter of the scene.

• Up vote 2
Social source share

On 13/06/2020 at 11:13, Geeselad said:

Where would you put the ones coming in, year 7 and reception, for three months? The whole system is interdependent. What about university's? Just couldn't work I'm afraid.

They seem to be doing something close to my dad's idea

Next year’s A-levels and GCSEs in England could be pushed back later into the summer to allow more teaching time, says Education Secretary Gavin Williamson.

Social source share

All of you that are eagerly awaiting getting back to your 'can't live without' weekly dose of beer , talc and oldies will probably not have to wait too much longer ..... :thumbup:

I fully expect to see an announcement soon from Kev Roberts regarding a new "norvern soul theme park" catering for those desperate to get back to it ... :wicked:

• Up vote 1
Social source share

1 hour ago, Leicester Boy said:

Never understood how the way some people live their life offends some who have different opinions. Tongue in cheek or not live your life and let others live theirs.

I’m all for letting others live their lives, but how many live their lives does affect my life, especially in a social setting.  That is the same for us all. 

• Up vote 1
Social source share

two posts reference moderation unapproved as per our long running 'use the support forum for comments on moderation'

to the member - suggest that you use the 'flag this post' feature if you wish to pass on concerns about a post

trying to moderate other members yourself doesn't work that well and is best usually avoided

thanks

• Up vote 2
Social source share

On 24/06/2020 at 07:32, Woodbutcher said:

All of you that are eagerly awaiting getting back to your 'can't live without' weekly dose of beer , talc and oldies will probably not have to wait too much longer ..... :thumbup:

I fully expect to see an announcement soon from Kev Roberts regarding a new "norvern soul theme park" catering for those desperate to get back to it ... :wicked:

Thanks...........

• Up vote 1
Social source share

• 2 weeks later...

Well Social Clubs can reopen as of today although no "live" music in front of an audience is allowed, I can see nothing specific in the guidance about dancing but it implies that it's not allowed.

The Government has said that they will provide further information next week for other venues although they haven't been explicit but the list of still closed venues includes nightclubs and dance studios which is more in line with the soul scene maybe? So perhaps there'll be a timetable for reopening.

My wild guess is the start of September. 

Edited by Timillustrator
Social source share

11 hours ago, Timillustrator said:

Well Social Clubs can reopen as of today although no "live" music in front of an audience is allowed, I can see nothing specific in the guidance about dancing but it implies that it's not allowed.

The Government has said that they will provide further information next week for other venues although they haven't been explicit but the list of still closed venues includes nightclubs and dance studios which is more in line with the soul scene maybe? So perhaps there'll be a timetable for reopening.

My wild guess is the start of September. 

This from The Blackpool Gazette 4th July

Councillors had been warned the council-owned venue (Winter Gradens) may have to cancel all its dance festivals this year, but currently this only refers to international events due to travel restrictions.

• Up vote 1
Social source share

2 hours ago, Timillustrator said:

I think the larger venues certainly have more to loose by opening and more risk. The smaller social club type venues run by the members for the members may not have rent to pay, smaller financial commitments so can probably afford to open and just break even?

I run a small event along with a mate - about 130 in under normal circumstances - but I think we're probably looking at restricting numbers to about 60 when we can eventually get going again. We will just about break even on that - room hire & DJs etc to pay - if my pal & I can manage a couple of  drinks each out of it we'll be more than happy. Just to see everybody having a good night out will be enough of a reward - no idea when that will be though...….

• Up vote 2
Social source share

Well at the moment there is a law that forbids gatherings of more than 30 and personally think there are more important things to worry about than a soul night.  Soul events and events of any kind notorious for spreading  whatever one person has and people cannot be trusted to stay away if they don't feel 100%.

• Up vote 3
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!