Jump to content

WHATS THE 1st RECORD YOU WANT TO DANCE TO AFTER LOCKDOWN


Imperial C

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, Eddiefoster said:

Nice one Pete - keeping with the Disco theme (and why not BTW)

I for one would love a disco allnighter - feelgood time :thumbup:

Nice choice but I never have and never will regard this as a 'disco' tune. Nice soul tune, not Northern, not Disco.

Saw them perform it live at the Tin Hat in Kettering many years ago.

- Kev

  • Up vote 2
Link to comment
Social source share

8 minutes ago, Kevinkent said:

Nice choice but I never have and never will regard this as a 'disco' tune. Nice soul tune, not Northern, not Disco.

Saw them perform it live at the Tin Hat in Kettering many years ago.

- Kev

I meant school disco Kev LOL - great choon as you say :thumbsup:

  • Up vote 3
Link to comment
Social source share

17 hours ago, Stephen Houghton said:

Brothers guiding light, getting together. A bit of class. 

Maybe it could start a extra genre of tunes, the djs could play instead of the usual ones 

 

I bought that on import from a batch of records that came over from the States around 1975/76 never played it out until the early 90's, at Tony's Empress Blackburn if I remember correctly.

  • Up vote 2
Link to comment
Social source share

Come to think about it the one that started my northern soul journey all them years ago Archie Bell Here I Go Again maybe

13 minutes ago, Happy feet said:

Although Lou Pride is up there as possibly one of the all-time classics maybe something more subtle, The Brothers Are You Ready For This, or maybe Flame "N" King & The Bold Ones Ho Happy Day 

Although Lou Pride is up there as possibly one of the all-time classics maybe something more subtle, The Brothers Are You Ready For This, or maybe Flame "N" King & The Bold Ones Ho Happy Day 

Link to comment
Social source share

13 minutes ago, Eddiefoster said:

I'd settle for the track that was the turning point in my appreciation of music and set me on this path (hairs on neck time)

 

Spent s fortune on a jukebox listening to this whilst playing pinball in a local cafe, definitely takes me back.

  • Up vote 1
Link to comment
Social source share

15 minutes ago, Happy feet said:

Although Lou Pride is up there as possibly one of the all-time classics maybe something more subtle, The Brothers Are You Ready For This, or maybe Flame "N" King & The Bold Ones Ho Happy Day 

We've got to play those Happy Feet, just brilliant, your my kind of DJ

 

Link to comment
Social source share

37 minutes ago, Eddiefoster said:

I'd settle for the track that was the turning point in my appreciation of music and set me on this path (hairs on neck time)

 

You have great taste Simon, I hope your keeping safe and well. 

  • Up vote 1
Link to comment
Social source share

22 hours ago, Kevinkent said:

Nice choice but I never have and never will regard this as a 'disco' tune. Nice soul tune, not Northern, not Disco.

Saw them perform it live at the Tin Hat in Kettering many years ago.

- Kev

Most definately disco in its day but we are too busy dancing to care on this thread, Time for some Rock N Roll.

 

  • Up vote 1
Link to comment
Social source share

Absolutely anything would do me right now!

But for me, I can't help thinking one of the old anthems ringing out across a ginormous, cavernous ceiling would make me think "I'm back!!!!! It's finally over!! We're here, we got through it. Prayers for those we lost, and thanks for keeping me and my loved ones safe.  It's going to be bigger and better than before.  We made it, we're back and I'll never take it for granted again! Life is precious and this is precious and I'm here to dance another day.  Bring it on.....once again, Frank Wilson!".   

To hear the echoing chimes of the intro do  Do I Love You ringing out would probably reduce me to tears.   😭✊🏼✊🏼✊🏼✊🏼✊🏼✊🏼✊🏼 👍🏼

Link to comment
Social source share

5 minutes ago, Flamingemeralds said:

Absolutely anything would do me right now!

But for me, I can't help thinking one of the old anthems ringing out across a ginormous, cavernous ceiling would make me think "I'm back!!!!! It's finally over!! We're here, we got through it. Prayers for those we lost, and thanks for keeping me and my loved ones safe.  It's going to be bigger and better than before.  We made it, we're back and I'll never take it for granted again! Life is precious and this is precious and I'm here to dance another day.  Bring it on.....once again, Frank Wilson!".   

To hear the echoing chimes of the intro do  Do I Love You ringing out would probably reduce me to tears.   😭✊🏼✊🏼✊🏼✊🏼✊🏼✊🏼✊🏼👍🏼

To quote words from another song. Somethings are better left unsaid.  X

  • Up vote 1
Link to comment
Social source share

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.


×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.