WHATS THE 1st RECORD YOU WANT TO DANCE TO AFTER LOCKDOWN

Imperial C

18 hours ago, Winsford Soul said:

To quote words from another song. Somethings are better left unsaid.  X

Well pardon me your majesty if that's not cool enough for you, but......it's sounds like Frank's that got me here in the first place!  I think I owe him my first dance......quite Frankly! 🤨

Social source share

18 hours ago, Winsford Soul said:

To quote words from another song. Somethings are better left unsaid.  X

And it may be considered cheesy but it was and still is an anthem.  Nobody can deny that track's provenance.  It's where my personal ns journey began at the youth clubs of the 70s and I would be proud to pick my personal journey back up with that track. It would be symbolic personally and this is what this thread is about after all.  Is it not? So, leave me be!  

Social source share

18 minutes ago, Flamingemeralds said:

And it may be considered cheesy but it was and still is an anthem.  Nobody can deny that track's provenance.  It's where my personal ns journey began at the youth clubs of the 70s and I would be proud to pick my personal journey back up with that track. It would be symbolic personally and this is what this thread is about after all.  Is it not? So, leave me be!  

Well said young man ,, not really for me but I respect everybody's choice as this journey is as much a trip down memory lane 

Social source share

22 minutes ago, Flamingemeralds said:

It wasn,t your choice of record that i actually made the comment about Mrs. I would never criticise anybodies musical  tastes , that,s a personal journey and choice . It was the made it, we,re back never take it for granted again bit . That the comment was about. I personally have never taken it for granted. There you go i,ve said it, so much for somethings are better left unsaid

Social source share

So lets keep the journey going, as I said at the top its a party thing anything soulful goes, A free for all. can I just say I'm enjoying the selections on here and listening to them all, keep them coming I hope more folks join in. Play this loud!!!!!!! Its about us.

Edited by Imperial C
  • Up vote 2
Social source share

6 hours ago, Flamingemeralds said:

I think there's a bit of confusion as to what our Steve was getting at.  I know he would never judge anyone's musical taste - He's a man full of respect (You know that)

Funnily enough, me and my friend were talking on the phone for over two hours last night, and we touched upon how good 'Do I Love You' is.

(Don't tell anyone I said so though) :wink: :D

Len :thumbsup:

P.s - I also like 'The Snake', I remember singing every single word at the top of my voice as a young lad :wink:

• Up vote 2
  • Thanks 1
Social source share

19 minutes ago, Len said:

I think there's a bit of confusion as to what our Steve was getting at.  I know he would never judge anyone's musical taste - He's a man full of respect (You know that)

Funnily enough, me and my friend were talking on the phone for over two hours last night, and we touched upon how good 'Do I Love You' is.

P.s - I also like 'The Snake', I remember singing every single word at the top of my voice as a young lad :wink:

Fully agree len, never met steve but think hes being very tongue in cheek and not disrespectful,  for the record i think its a great record and it's not franks fault its been hijacked by the mainstream media,  suffers from its own success. 

Edited by Leicester Boy
  • Up vote 2
  • Thanks 1
Social source share

16 minutes ago, Len said:

I just can't imagine what Steve meant then? Other than I should have kept my choice of track to myself.  He has Pm'd me. Its sorted. Thanks.

Social source share

16 minutes ago, Flamingemeralds said:

I just can't imagine what Steve meant then? Other than I should have kept my choice of track to myself.  He has Pm'd me. Its sorted. Thanks.

Louise.  Ii did reply to your comment with a explanation in a earlier post.  You must have missed it.  

Social source share

49 minutes ago, Monny1916 said:

Nothing like a moderator sticking up for a friend 

Just seeing the positive in people.  Pretty sure they have sorted this now - I don't think there's anything more to it.

I saw how it could all go a bit wrong, so felt I should say something :wink:

• Up vote 2
Social source share

Hi Pete,

Yeh it happens from time to time - We're all grow-ups :wink:

Get yaselves over to Bury (Radio King) Some fantastic tunes being played by Martin L.  A selection of tunes that he'd never heard before the Bury virtual All-nighters / And a thanks from us to him for his food bank work that he has been doing during this lock-down.

Great stuff Martin :wink:

• Up vote 2
Social source share

16 minutes ago, Imperial C said:

I appreciated this Lenny, this is a good thread, seems crossed wires and resolved by both parties.

16 minutes ago, Imperial C said:

I appreciated this Lenny, this is a good thread, seems crossed wires and resolved by both parties.

A very good thread indeed 

• Up vote 1
Social source share