Elton John And The Detroit Spinners

Reg

I heard a version of Elton John's Are you ready for love with the Detroit Spinners on Smooth Fm this morning. Haven't heard this version before and it is even better than the one with old Baldy on his own. does anybody know anything more about this version-I think it was recorded when elton worked with Thom Bell in the 70s but other than that I don't know.

Thanks in advance :thumbsup:

Social source share

• Replies 15
  • Views 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

I heard a version of Elton John's Are you ready for love with the Detroit Spinners on Smooth Fm this morning. Haven't heard this version before and it is even better than the one with old Baldy on his own. does anybody know anything more about this version-I think it was recorded when elton worked with Thom Bell in the 70s but other than that I don't know.

Thanks in advance :thumbsup:

Yes with Thom Bell as you said

I have a Canadian White Atlantic demo of this

You do see it from time to Time for sale on US Atlantic and I think it got a Euro release.

I have the original 70s 12" release of baldy and it credits Thom bell on that as well.

Social source share

Yes with Thom Bell as you said

I have a Canadian White Atlantic demo of this

You do see it from time to Time for sale on US Atlantic and I think it got a Euro release.

I have the original 70s 12" release of baldy and it credits Thom bell on that as well.

i got this on a spanish picture cover

Social source share

Detroit Spinners was definately released - I've held it in my hand...

Also double sided demo.

Yes deffo released i have a uk 7" of it here have also had a 12" of it in the past far superior version to old wiggy's one.

Derek

Social source share

Thanks in advance
:D

Going brazenly off topic here but a New York record store (Downstairs) owner once told me that Elton played the piano intro on Eddie Holmans "This Will Be A Night To Remember" he knew this because he happened to be in the studio (Sigma) that day.

Cheers Paul

Social source share

Guest phillybuster

Going brazenly off topic here but a New York record store (Downstairs) owner once told me that Elton played the piano intro on Eddie Holmans "This Will Be A Night To Remember" he knew this because he happened to be in the studio (Sigma) that day.

Cheers Paul

It comes from an album called "From Here To Eternity" Atlantic SD19219 released in 79 but was mainly recorded before then.This I feel was the original and shows that John Edwards was a slightly better singer than EJ.He does give it some.The Spinners used to record 2 albums at the same time with Thom Bell which now makes you realise why they did sound very similar.One of the greatest vocalist groups of all time.Phillipe Wynne and John Edwards on lead vocals ,say no more.
Social source share

• 2 weeks later...

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!