Pete Eccles

Anonymous log in

Mods, it used to be that when logged in anonymously that members profile would show when they were last logged in non anonymously, now it appears to not show anything, 

I'm not sure what I'm asking here apart from is this how it now is, or am I missing something? if it is the former what is the reasoning, if any? 

No biggie, just curious 

Pete

Share this forum post

soul source url
Social source share
11 minutes ago, Pete Eccles said:

Mods, it used to be that when logged in anonymously that members profile would show when they were last logged in non anonymously, now it appears to not show anything, 

I'm not sure what I'm asking here apart from is this how it now is, or am I missing something? if it is the former what is the reasoning, if any? 

No biggie, just curious 

Pete

Pete, just checked it with own account and yep it is as you say

and yep it is a fairly recent change

I am guessing that the reasoning behind the change is a mix of trying to keep both privacy and factual reporting correct

as in before, if you logged in anonymously the last logged time/date would show but would actually be incorrect

so now this way you get the privacy without the incorrect date?

Share this forum post

soul source url
Social source share

Thanks Mike, 

A subtle variation, as you say previously the date would be factually incorrect but wouldn't indicate any degree of anonymity, this way of not showing anything suggests the member is anonymous, surely that is contradicting being anonymous?  

Share this forum post

soul source url
Social source share
3 minutes ago, Pete Eccles said:

Thanks Mike, 

A subtle variation, as you say previously the date would be factually incorrect but wouldn't indicate any degree of anonymity, this way of not showing anything suggests the member is anonymous, surely that is contradicting being anonymous?  

guess it depends on how you look at it or what you are after

as it indicates that the members last login was anonymous but it doesn't show when it was

which could in theory offer more anonymity as it now wipes out your last visit date

so someone looking at your profile would have no idea of your last visit, yesterday or 6 months ago?

• Up vote 1

Share this forum post

soul source url
Social source share

Site Support - Support Forum

Site related support and feedback forum

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Get started now!

Get max use of the forums

1. Anonymous
    Freebasing by Winsford Soul on Thu 20 Mar 2014
    • 3 / 371
    • Premium Stuff on 22 Mar 2014
  2. Recent Forum Anonymous Post
    All About The Soul by mike on Sat 29 Nov 2003
    • 1 / 902
    • mike on 29 Nov 2003
  3. Anonymous Log In
    Support by Pete60 on Fri 31 Jul 2015
    • 4 / 9527
    • Pete60 on 31 Jul 2015

Source Adverts

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.