Mike

England shoppers

Anyone out there hitting the high streets today in England ?

over here we are on a different footing, so be interesting hearing how things go

Share this forum post

soul source url
Social source share

Garden Centres and hardware stores, the likes of B&Q, have been open for a while now so will be considered 'old hat' by those who want to shop. They will hopefully be empty - so I might visit them for the first time and avoid the queues in all the newly opened stores. 

- Kev

Share this forum post

soul source url
Social source share
1 hour ago, Kevinkent said:

Garden Centres and hardware stores, the likes of B&Q, have been open for a while now so will be considered 'old hat' by those who want to shop. They will hopefully be empty - so I might visit them for the first time and avoid the queues in all the newly opened stores. 

- Kev

It's getting busier here in Blackpool and everyone knows about the 2 metre rule

Seagull.jpg

• Up vote 11

Share this forum post

soul source url
Social source share

I was in Stoke today, at a retail park (work related..) and the queue for Sports Direct was ridiculous, extending around the corner and all the way up the road !!

In contrast, the Boots (sizeable) store on the same park had not a single person waiting.. Nor did any of the others apart from a nearby B&Q - with around a dozen people

There's nothing I need that urgently where I'd queue like that.. rather wait until the novelty subsides.. 

And how bad do you REALLY need that Big Mac !?! In Nott'm last week and the queue for the drive-thru was causing a traffic jam that was in danger of tailing back to Trent Bridge !! I dunno.. lol

• Up vote 3

Share this forum post

soul source url
Social source share

Wandered into town yesterday to pick up a couple of bits from Halfords, which was strangely still not open and had to ask at the doorway where staff went and picked your wants. Walked back through the town and there was a massive queue but couldn't work out why, and what shop it was....being a curious type,(nosey bugger) I went to look......and it was for sports direct!!! Must of been 50 people....not sure why so desperate to go there? but that was the go to place, every where else Boots, Debenhams etc looked easy to get in....strange...Thank you...Rob

• Up vote 1

Share this forum post

soul source url
Social source share

In the words of that Fantastically Funny 70's movie starring Barbara Streisand.. IT'S A MAD, MAD WORLD !!

• Up vote 1

Share this forum post

soul source url
Social source share

Freebasing - Source Forum

An off the soul beat lifestyle talk forum

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Get started now!

Get max use of the forums

1. For Any Christmas Shoppers Going To Nyc
    Look At Your Box by bradcam on Wed 15 Oct 2008
    • 2 / 377
    • miff on 15 Oct 2008
  2. England V Spain
    Freebasing by stevegods on Sat 08 Sep 2018
    • 8 / 499
    • chalky on 10 Sep 2018
  3. Wigan- This England Series- Anyone Have A Copy
    All About The Soul by on Tue 27 Jan 2004
    • 5 / 833
    • mike on 29 Jan 2004
  4. Reduced ! Belgium-2 Points, England-1 Point ! + 1 Split/eve
    Record Sales by tlscapital on Sat 13 Sep 2014
    • 1 / 635
    • tlscapital on 13 Sep 2014
  5. Stevie Wonder Live In England - In 1963?
    All About The Soul by MBarrett on Wed 03 Feb 2010
    • 12 / 3105
    • TONY ROUNCE on 16 Feb 2010

Source Adverts

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.