Mike

Premier League returns tonight

A bit like picking a half read book up..

BBC sport covers things here...

The Premier League returns - all you need to know

The Premier League returns on Wednesday... but not exactly as we know it.

After a 100-day absence because of the coronavirus pandemic, Aston Villa v Sheffield United will kick off the English top-flight's resumption.

It is the first of 92 league games that will be packed into a frantic 40 days before the season concludes on 26 July.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/53009593

How did we leave things?

If Manchester City lose their game in hand - against Arsenal on Wednesday - Jurgen Klopp's side will seal the title with victory in the Merseyside derby at Everton on Sunday.

City's two-year ban from European competition (appeal pending) means fifth place will be enough for a Champions League spot.

Down at the bottom, six clubs are seemingly battling it out to avoid the drop.

• Up vote 1

Share this forum post

soul source url
Social source share

Hope to see the Pupil teach the Master a lesson tonight. Come on you Gunners!

• Up vote 1

Share this forum post

soul source url
Social source share
Posted (edited)

I echo the above , but for purely selfish reasons 😜

Ahhh ... now some sort of normality begins to return to daily life.

But the moaning from the Misses will move from , “ go and wash your hands “ and “ I told you to use gloves “   to   “ is it that kick around game again “ and “ you don’t even support that team “  .... ahhhh the joy !! 

And its LIVE !!!  

Sheffield U robbed of a goal and the 3pts . 

How is it that the goal line technology didn’t work .. isn’t it the refs job to take a ball and go to the both goal lines and check his watch beeps for before the start of the game . If not him , the assistant Ref - someone ! 

And then why didn’t VAR stop play check it .. everyone in the stands could see the ball was over the line - oh yea - no fans to complain and prompt VAR . 

Jack Grealish always stand out and dont think he’ll be at Villa come the summer transfer window. 

So off to a jittery start - although fan noise made it sound a lot better than just the shouting players in the stadium . 

Come on you Gunners . 

Edited by Stevegods

Share this forum post

soul source url
Social source share

Watched both games  on a day pass via now t.v. Don't know if been charged the £9.99 but if so was worth it for me regardless who was playing. Got my free code for the Utd match tomorrow night so happy days and will see what formation Ole comes up with.  

😃⚽⚽⚽⚽🎉🎉

• Up vote 1

Share this forum post

soul source url
Social source share

Come on fess-up who on here paid to watch it? Worth the wait?

Share this forum post

soul source url
Social source share

Actually thought the added fan noise worked quite well.  How was that sheff utd goal not given that could effect Europe and relegation..shocking. 

• Up vote 1

Share this forum post

soul source url
Social source share
1 minute ago, Leicester Boy said:

Actually thought the added fan noise worked quite well.  How was that sheff utd goal not given that could effect Europe and relegation..shocking. 

many, many years ago, i used to wander down from High Fields to Filbert Street, i hear they've improved somewhat, is it true?

Share this forum post

soul source url
Social source share
3 minutes ago, Simon T said:

many, many years ago, i used to wander down from High Fields to Filbert Street, i hear they've improved somewhat, is it true?

Yes filbert street is flats and the kp stadium 200 yards away has seen us win the premier league and is going to be expanded to about 42000.😃

• Up vote 1

Share this forum post

soul source url
Social source share

Didn't watch any of last nights games.  Seen the talking points today  namely the var cock up . How can that not be a goal and the points given retrospective because it was a scoreless draw  

As for the city match   was so pleased to see that they won but didn't notice much difference with the crowd's.  I believe they struggled to get the screens full  

Share this forum post

soul source url
Social source share

Champions !!!!!!

The Reds are back on top again !!!!!!

To all the doubter's :shhh: :shhh: :shhh:

Were back :thumbsup:

• Up vote 2

Share this forum post

soul source url
Social source share
Posted (edited)

Saved my Istanbul Champions League beer glass,towel and beer mats

for the day we are crowned Premier League Champions.

I actually got it in Istanbul when i went to the Final.

When we are presented with the trophy i will have a beer in that glass !!!!! :thumbsup: :hatsoff2:

2.jpg

3.jpg

1.jpg

Edited by Mustang
  • Up vote 2

Share this forum post

soul source url
Social source share

Congratulations to Liverpool for finally ending that long thirty season wait. Very much deserved.

• Up vote 2

Share this forum post

soul source url
Social source share

Congratulations liverpool,  welcome to the premier league winners club, much deserved. 👍

• Up vote 2

Share this forum post

soul source url
Social source share

Well done Liverpool well deserved but watch out for us mighty blues next season, we did you a favour last night, although you didn't need it, My mum in law would have been buzzing god rest her soul, she'd have been celebrating with you 😁😁

• Up vote 2

Share this forum post

soul source url
Social source share
Posted (edited)

So would mine god rest her soul .

The last game she went to with me was the 0-2 defeat at Anfield by Arsenal in May of 89. She past away later that year believing she had jinxed that game .. she was 73 ..

RIP Mum , last night we drank a few toasts to her memory .

We did it at last,  and now like Leicester , no one can take that away . 

7709869D-A219-4265-BEAC-B172B115D77D.jpeg

Edited by Stevegods
  • Up vote 2

Share this forum post

soul source url
Social source share

WE ARE LIVERPOOL

Premier-League-Liverpool-Post.jpg

Share this forum post

soul source url
Social source share

From a lifelong Man Utd fan..... Well done Liverpool. 

Fully deserved. Great manager and a great team who play entertaining football the way it should be played. 

• Up vote 2

Share this forum post

soul source url
Social source share
7 hours ago, Fish Fingers said:

From a lifelong Man Utd fan..... Well done Liverpool. 

Fully deserved. Great manager and a great team who play entertaining football the way it should be played. 

Need to go some way to get to United’s dominance of the Prem’ but it’s a start. Just hope we keep the ball rolling next year .

Got this from a United mate of mine .

969C0FE2-F189-43BE-8696-26CB994B13A1.thumb.jpeg.e11cf05d3d7bd1e776cb67ff7b8f48ea.jpeg
  • Up vote 1

Share this forum post

soul source url
Social source share
Posted (edited)

Despite who you support, good football is good football. I mean just look at Liverpools points tally this season! Facts are facts. 

I try to be a football 'realist' rather than be blinkered into only loving my own team and hating everyone else. 

Just like I don't look at a Ferrari and think it's a cr@p car, I hate it - just cause I don't have one. 

I think it was Mark Twain (or someone else?!) who said jealousy is like taking poison and expecting the other person to die. 

So well done to the scousers. 👍

Edited by Fish Fingers
  • Up vote 1

Share this forum post

soul source url
Social source share

Freebasing - Source Forum

An off the soul beat lifestyle talk forum

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Get started now!

Get max use of the forums

1. Winter Break - Premier League ?
    Freebasing by mike on Tue 06 Feb 2018
    • 7 / 604
    • Spook on 06 Feb 2018
  2. Football - Premier League 2018-19
    Freebasing by woolie mark on Thu 09 Aug 2018
    • 35 / 1337
    • Mike on 03 Sep 2018
  3. Premier League To Restart
    Freebasing by Stevegods on Thu 28 May 2020
    • 5 / 353
    • Stevegods on 01 Jun 2020
  4. Fantasy Premier League
    Freebasing by smudger on Wed 29 Jul 2015
    • 4 / 443
    • SWIFTY on 07 Aug 2015
  5. Premier League Winter Break
    Freebasing by chalky on Fri 08 Jun 2018
    • 5 / 477
    • soulatthedale on 11 Jun 2018

Source Adverts

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.