Posted (edited)

Here's the clip to listen to:

Edited by Briank
answered.
  • Up vote 1

Share this forum post

soul source url
Social source share

Sounds very much like PP Arnold-I'd say it is,in fact (although I'm unaware of a track by her with this title)It sounds like a British recording,too ,which  strengthens the case

Share this forum post

soul source url
Social source share

Thank you Michael, It does sound like a match.  This is from an acetate without a label.

Share this forum post

soul source url
Social source share

I just got a reply from an email to PP Arnolds rep Heather Taylor and she said this is not PP Arnold.  Maybe I should ask some follow up questions.

Share this forum post

soul source url
Social source share

I got another reply stating that PP Arnold did listen to the same clip and has no Idea who the singer is.

• Up vote 1

Share this forum post

soul source url
Social source share

Sorry to have got it wrong! Glad to hear Pat(P.P) is OK though. Seeing her live and meeting her after the show in Islington, London last year was such a great experience

I suppose you have checked the song title with music publishing companies eg.BMI ?  I hope you don't reach a dead end. It's very frustrating when you have an acetate with just the song title and a familiar -sounding singer performing it-I have a couple myself

Share this forum post

soul source url
Social source share

sounds a bit like kiki dee 

Share this forum post

soul source url
Social source share
Posted (edited)
On 22/06/2020 at 13:24, Michael V said:

Sorry to have got it wrong! Glad to hear Pat(P.P) is OK though. Seeing her live and meeting her after the show in Islington, London last year was such a great experience

I suppose you have checked the song title with music publishing companies eg.BMI ?  I hope you don't reach a dead end. It's very frustrating when you have an acetate with just the song title and a familiar -sounding singer performing it-I have a couple myself

There is really no label.  Just black vinyl.  The only thing written is Audio Disc where the label would be..  I got the title from listening to the song.

Edited by Briank
typo

Share this forum post

soul source url
Social source share

The song's written by Jack Keller and Louie Shelton and it had versions released by Sacha Distel and Petula Clark on Polydor and also The Vernons on Pye in 1973.

Guessing yours is a songwriter's demo to be punted around for potential singers.

• Up vote 1

Share this forum post

soul source url
Social source share

Best part of a week since my above reply and no response ... guess you weren't actually that bothered about getting information on your pop record after all ...   :rolleyes:

Share this forum post

soul source url
Social source share

Sorry, was busy with other things and forgot about this.  I already knew of the artists that had released a version, but did not sound like this.  It's a demo alright, but I don't know who it is singing on it.  One of the writers  has passed and the other if  living has to be around 90.  Jackie D. still have  not replied to this acetate, so maybe  not  her.  Even Tennessee Ernie Ford released a  version.

• Up vote 1

Share this forum post

soul source url
Social source share

Look At Your Box - Source Forum

Get into the record & soul music talk

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Get started now!

Get max use of the forums

1. Arthur Griswold & The Organics Help! Help! Help
    Record Wants by fever on Wed 07 Oct 2009
    • 1 / 282
    • fever on 07 Oct 2009
  2. Help Required Artist & Title
    Look At Your Box by Gold Band on Fri 19 Aug 2016
    • 3 / 522
    • Gold Band on 19 Aug 2016
  3. Unknown Artist! Help Pls
    Look At Your Box by mattfox on Thu 10 Feb 2011
    • 3 / 931
    • boba on 10 Feb 2011
  4. Help Identifying Song/artist
    All About The Soul by MrRe on Sun 16 Jul 2006
    • 21 / 1054
    • rachel on 18 Jul 2006
  5. Label And Artist Help
    Look At Your Box by Prophonics 2029 on Wed 28 Dec 2011
    • 5 / 506
    • Prophonics 2029 on 29 Dec 2011

Source Adverts

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.