Help Identifing the Artist for the Clip

Briank

Sorry to have got it wrong! Glad to hear Pat(P.P) is OK though. Seeing her live and meeting her after the show in Islington, London last year was such a great experience

I suppose you have checked the song title with music publishing companies eg.BMI ?  I hope you don't reach a dead end. It's very frustrating when you have an acetate with just the song title and a familiar -sounding singer performing it-I have a couple myself

Social source share

On 22/06/2020 at 13:24, Michael V said:

Sorry to have got it wrong! Glad to hear Pat(P.P) is OK though. Seeing her live and meeting her after the show in Islington, London last year was such a great experience

I suppose you have checked the song title with music publishing companies eg.BMI ?  I hope you don't reach a dead end. It's very frustrating when you have an acetate with just the song title and a familiar -sounding singer performing it-I have a couple myself

There is really no label.  Just black vinyl.  The only thing written is Audio Disc where the label would be..  I got the title from listening to the song.

Edited by Briank
typo
Social source share

Sorry, was busy with other things and forgot about this.  I already knew of the artists that had released a version, but did not sound like this.  It's a demo alright, but I don't know who it is singing on it.  One of the writers  has passed and the other if  living has to be around 90.  Jackie D. still have  not replied to this acetate, so maybe  not  her.  Even Tennessee Ernie Ford released a  version.

• Up vote 1
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!