Mark Bicknell

soul auctionsTap here for 24hr ebay Lists  Sign in to Switch Ebay Lists OFF 
  • Replies 11
  • Views 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Wanted - Nice clean copy of the 1968 belter from Shirley Karol - Just To Make You Happy (books at about £75.00) Dakar 45-600, if anyone can help please contact bicknellmark@aol.com or telephone 0161 330 6267.

Regards - Mark Bicknell.

Sorry just noticed i've listed this request in 'Sales' should of course be in 'Want's' so perhaps one of the Moderators can move it coz i don't know how too...lol

Regards - Mark Bicknell.

Social source share

Wanted - Nice clean copy of the 1968 belter from Shirley Karol - Just To Make You Happy (books at about £75.00) Dakar 45-600, if anyone can help please contact bicknellmark@aol.com or telephone 0161 330 6267.

Regards - Mark Bicknell.

Great tune Mark.

Took a copy to Wigan in 74 / 75 and tried to get Richard and Co to play it.

They thought I was having a laugh... 'far too funky' :lol:

To be fair, it was probably way ahead of it's time.

But it's 'so right for now!'

thumbsup.gif

Sean

Social source share

Great tune Mark.

Took a copy to Wigan in 74 / 75 and tried to get Richard and Co to play it.

They thought I was having a laugh... 'far too funky' :lol:

To be fair, it was probably way ahead of it's time.

But it's 'so right for now!'

thumbsup.gif

Sean

Sean, don't big it up mate or they will all want one....lol so have you got a spare one then????

Regards - Mark Bicknell.

Social source share

Sean, don't big it up mate or they will all want one....lol so have you got a spare one then????

Regards - Mark Bicknell.

Too late. It's all ready a big play at the more discerning venues, and people like Paul Harris & Joan Livsey have been spinning it for ages in their sets. Top tune, just acquired one myself.

Phil.

Social source share

Too late. It's all ready a big play at the more discerning venues, and people like Paul Harris & Joan Livsey have been spinning it for ages in their sets. Top tune, just acquired one myself.

Phil.

Cheers Phil for that, i have the record it's just not in very good condition just looking for a better copy and i know it's played out and about i was joking with Sean...lol

Regards - Mark Bicknell.

Social source share

Regards - Mark Bicknell.

in case anyone cares for random trivia, Shirley Karol was the female member of the Dukays...

Social source share

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Neil Taylor

Hi mark,

the one you`ve got that is`nt a very good copy,is that the one you played on your show last night(sounded good to me).

If so when you get a better copy,how much for the not very good one.(paypal,cheque,postal orders,concealed money,you choose)

neil

Social source share

Hi mark,

the one you`ve got that is`nt a very good copy,is that the one you played on your show last night(sounded good to me).

If so when you get a better copy,how much for the not very good one.(paypal,cheque,postal orders,concealed money,you choose)

neil

Neil, no i played it off the new Grapevine CD last night that's why it sounded so good, the copy i have is almost unplayable, jumps and skips for fun, i'll PM you mate if i get lucky ok.

Regards - Mark Bicknell.

Social source share

Guest Neil Taylor

IT`S A TOP CLASS RECORD MATE,HAPPY HUNTING FOR IT.

I FIRST HEARD THIS WHEN PAUL HARRIS PLAYED IT AT BURNLEY,YOU KNOW IT`S GOING TO BE A GOOD TUNE WHEN THE FIRST FEW OPENING BARS KICK IN. :thumbsup:

REGARDS

NEIL

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!