Four Vandals

• Replies 57
  • Views 6.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

DOES ANYBODY KNOW IF X FACTOR STEVE SUNG ON THE FOUR VANDALS ONE PICTURE'S WORTH A THOUSAND WORDS/NO NO NO GIRL?

link

Whats the story behind the Four Vandals, never heard of them before :D

Social source share

Guest Johnny One Trout

No bullshit Dob it's Steve Brookstien all right and an Ian Levine production, pretty sure it did get a release as well. It's certainly been issued on a couple of CD's

John

Social source share

:D For my sins I like 'Wrong Side Of Town' despite Mr Levine's finger prints all over it. It's just a pity we had all the very dubious and silly games played over it by certain people who should know better!!! That said, ceratin people should also be gratful Mrs Osbournes not a northern Soul fan - can you imagine what she'd have done with them and their....you get the picture :D:D Edited by TheBigO
Social source share

Hi everyone. Wake up and smell the coffee......it's a pile of poo! You all know that really.

=========

Isn't it a matter of preference though? Personally I think it's not bad, and very danceable. Can anybody tell me (honest question) was it released to chart....or was it aimed mainly at the northern fraternity?

Winnie:-)

Social source share

:angry: I think you'll find winnie that it was aimed at ripping off certain DJ's by passing it off as an original 60's 45 - hence the deft hands of Boxing Ginger Taylor at Stoke! No amount of spin doctoring can change the fact. Sad really as it is a good record IMHO (although ripped off Dan Folger chorus!)

* Thats 'Wrong Side Of Town' I'm talking about by the way - anyone seen the film clip that goes with this?

Edited by TheBigO
Social source share

He (Steve) is that good, he was booed off stage t'other night :(:( , not once, not twice but three times :yes::( forgot the words as well blush.gif:(

He also said according to the radio that skeletons in his cupboard will ruin his career :yes: I bet his career doesn't get off the ground, he'll sink faster than the titanic blush.gif Still a million quid ain't bad I suppose for a Karaoke singer :lol:

Edited by chalky
Social source share

Dissagree, I think we are going to see him in the charts a lot.

And yes, I loved wrong side of town, perfect dancer for me. But I do not in anyway agree with the way it was sold to the scene

Social source share

Guest in town Mikey

I have only heard it in the vacant Rocket Halls, but I quite liked it.

I accept my charge of being tone deaf. But you really should hear my singing. Actually... no you shouldnt laugh.gif

Social source share

I have only heard it in the vacant Rocket Halls, but I quite liked it.

I accept my charge of being tone deaf. But you really should hear my singing. Actually... no you shouldnt laugh.gif

link

Bleedin hell Mikey don't back down so easy mate...... s'only Smiffy.... you could 'ave 'im easy (mind you e's right..... proper shite that record!)

Social source share

Oh yes it is.

If it was by anyone else but Levine people would still be raving over this.

Fantastic record.

link

Sorry Pete, you´re dead wrong there!, I always loved Peter Hamilton(inst.) and played it regularly in the early 90´s when it was largely forgotten, on hearing the vocal, instantly hated it, tailor made rubbish!

See me after school!

Social source share

Oh no they wouldn't  :D

link

I'm not jumping on the bandwaggon, but I don't like the record. And I made my mind up after listening to it before I knew all the background to it.

It just sounds like it should sit one of those CD comps 'Northern Soul For The New Millenium' type thingys, which should read 'Manufactured Bontempi Pap Northern For Supermarkets'.

It just does not sound right, even with the benefit of hindsight.

Just my two-penneth.

J :thumbsup:

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!