Radiants - Hold On

Guest lolmil

Having a day off waiting for some workmen to arrive and just having a little listen to the Soul Club website and played The Radiants - Hold On which sounds a little different to the one I have, are there two versions (clip & link below)

Loll

Social source share

• Replies 4
  • Views 815
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Guest TONY ROUNCE

Having a day off waiting for some workmen to arrive and just having a little listen to the Soul Club website and played The Radiants - Hold On which sounds a little different to the one I have, are there two versions (clip & link below)

Loll

Hi Loll,

It was issued with and without strings - with strings, on the original US and UK 45s. Without - and completely by accident - on one of Ady's Kent CDs of Chess material.

There's also the Montanas originally unissued UK version, which they recorded for Pye and which I mixed down from the original mastertapes (as both a vocal and instrumental) with Nick Smith, and issued on a Sequel CD back in 1998.

That's probably enough holding on for now....

TONE biggrin.gif

Social source share

can´t listen to it right now, but as far as i remember the 2 versions also have different backing vocals, one is like a male choir and the other one is singing very high-pitched, which i like a lot more...

greetz,

grooveop

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!