3 new reissues /boots why???

OK here we go  the site states  limited re issue but I have my doubts   little major Williams,  both sides. Chuck holiday both sides and Ella Woods, Why Why Why there's is no demand  on the rare soul scene for reissues /boots of these tracks, as we only want originals. And there sure as hell isn't any demand for them on the oldies scene, they probably never heard them. So my question is Why the hell, do them, it's pointless. 

Very angry collector 

Social source share

1 hour ago, Marktsoulman said:

Even if I wanted one, these are the most awful looking label to collect... Someone needs to look at the class re-issue labels like Hit and Run/Soul Junction or Diggin Deep..... You can keep Sonic Wax thanks....

M

I understand what you are saying but as Berry Gordy said"its what's in the grooves that counts" and a lot of people are kicking themselves for missing Lisa Stansfields 8-3-1 which came out a few years ago seems to be in demand and fetching big bucks. There may be more like that on sonic wax.

Edited by Tobytyke
Add
  • Up vote 1
Social source share

On 08/07/2020 at 15:34, Tobytyke said:

I understand what you are saying but as Berry Gordy said"its what's in the grooves that counts" and a lot of people are kicking themselves for missing Lisa Stansfields 8-3-1 which came out a few years ago seems to be in demand and fetching big bucks. There may be more like that on sonic wax.

I think my reservations are around the goals of the label. I support the idea of issuing largely unreleased and unearthed rarities I guess above just re-issues of in demand items. Doesn't make labels like SW/AOTN wrong, just not my bag.

Social source share

On 08/07/2020 at 12:32, Speedlimit said:

OK here we go  the site states  limited re issue but I have my doubts   little major Williams,  both sides. Chuck holiday both sides and Ella Woods, Why Why Why there's is no demand  on the rare soul scene for reissues /boots of these tracks, as we only want originals. And there sure as hell isn't any demand for them on the oldies scene, they probably never heard them. So my question is Why the hell, do them, it's pointless. 

Very angry collector 

Who knows, they might be the ‘must have collectables’ in 40-50 years. For teenagers on a limited budget, they might be the stepping stones to collecting original vinyl. Who would have thought 70’s Grapevine or 100 Club Anniversary 45’s would one day become in-demand?

Providing the issues are licensed and not designed to deceive, there’s no harm done. Once upon a time, these tracks would have been compiled on CD’s but these are no longer available so the music lover has to make do with a vinyl substitute.

With reference to the web-site alluded to, it makes no sense go mix high-end USA originals up with low-end UK re-issues as this ruins the browsing experience on what is one of the best sales windows out there. Please, please change this!

Social source share

I've read a few times on JM auction description that this super rare brilliant must have mega expensive record is in mint unplayed condition.

No doubt a nice item to own....but.

Maybe owners of such gems buy these reissues to play instead of the original?

After 50 years of playing some records week in week out, there can't be much left in the grooves..

Ed

Edited by Tomangoes
Spello
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!