Jump to content
Baz Atkinson

Articles: Digging in the Texas Triangle 2019 - Record Hunting

News/Article/Feature Highlight:

Digging in the Texas Triangle 2019. Record hunting adventures in Texas and the Austen Record Convention

View full article

  • Up vote 2

Share this forum post


soul source url
Social source share

nice one Baz could not have been a better trip for me, great eye opener loved every second of it and coming back with a new box of tunes, you and Gaz looked after me and will go again as soon as your ready ,Col

  • Up vote 3

Share this forum post


soul source url
Social source share

Brilliant story Baz. Hope you and the two amigos are safe and well mate

  • Up vote 1

Share this forum post


soul source url
Social source share
40 minutes ago, Colsoul said:

nice one Baz could not have been a better trip for me, great eye opener loved every second of it and coming back with a new box of tunes, you and Gaz looked after me and will go again as soon as your ready ,Col

Was a real pleasure having you there Col,hopefully we will nip another trip in before 2023 when we will be over for mine and Gaz"s sixtieth with a bit luck.Might get Kev Kane also for the big one.Hope to see you soon Col.

41 minutes ago, Winsford Soul said:

Brilliant story Baz. Hope you and the two amigos are safe and well mate

All good my friend,hope your well pal and catch up soon.

  • Up vote 1

Share this forum post


soul source url
Social source share
1 hour ago, Baz Atkinson said:

News/Article/Feature Highlight:

Digging in the Texas Triangle 2019. Record hunting adventures in Texas and the Austen Record Convention

View full article

A very enjoyable read. Thanks for posting. I’ve done a similar trip for the last few years and generally found something. Your comments about Will at the Alamo ring true so I’ve not bothered going there recently. There are records in Beaumont and Tyler if you’re passing through in the future.

  • Up vote 1

Share this forum post


soul source url
Social source share
12 minutes ago, Frankie Crocker said:

A very enjoyable read. Thanks for posting. I’ve done a similar trip for the last few years and generally found something. Your comments about Will at the Alamo ring true so I’ve not bothered going there recently. There are records in Beaumont and Tyler if you’re passing through in the future.

Hey thanks that is good to know shame about Will I think we struggled the first time back in 2007 but last visit was intolerable, saying that he did not seem to be in good health. 

Share this forum post


soul source url
Social source share

Great read Baz just love stories about crate digging would loved to have gone over the years but a couple of been naughty in my youth can’t get entry 😥

Share this forum post


soul source url
Social source share
11 minutes ago, soulcarp said:

Great read Baz just love stories about crate digging would loved to have gone over the years but a couple of been naughty in my youth can’t get entry 😥

Your a dark horse John hope to catch up soon mate . 

Share this forum post


soul source url
Social source share
Posted (edited)

I can only imagine how much ale was supped, I bet Texas wished the lads from the North East were there every week :D

Great read pal.

Edited by Chalky
  • Up vote 1

Share this forum post


soul source url
Social source share
22 minutes ago, Chalky said:

I can only imagine how much ale was supped, I bet Texas wished the lads from the North East were there every week :D

Great read pal.

Ah thanks Karl twas a great trip as the week wore on the immunity ran off and we were slowly sinking in it lol 😂

Share this forum post


soul source url
Social source share
34 minutes ago, Baz Atkinson said:

Ah thanks Karl twas a great trip as the week wore on the immunity ran off and we were slowly sinking in it lol 😂

Just a normal night out with you lads 🤣 

You ever thought of taking Allan? 😯 🤣

Share this forum post


soul source url
Social source share

Wonderful memories of a good lads night out, oh and the records too. We have all had wonderful experiences in our lives, just knowing each other for decades having met at the allnighters, and sharing the digging trips, not just finding records but the great things alongside of it all. And still we are all good friends, don't see one another like we used to, but no less the friendship.

                     catch up soon i hope Jordie boys x 

  • Thanks 1

Share this forum post


soul source url
Social source share
12 hours ago, Gilly said:

Wonderful memories of a good lads night out, oh and the records too. We have all had wonderful experiences in our lives, just knowing each other for decades having met at the allnighters, and sharing the digging trips, not just finding records but the great things alongside of it all. And still we are all good friends, don't see one another like we used to, but no less the friendship.

                     catch up soon i hope Jordie boys x 

Wonderful words from one of the scenes finest much love and respect from all all of us .  

  • Up vote 1

Share this forum post


soul source url
Social source share

Nice read Baz x Thanks

  • Up vote 1

Share this forum post


soul source url
Social source share
46 minutes ago, Rob Wigley said:

Nice read Baz x Thanks

Hey thanks Rob .

Share this forum post


soul source url
Social source share

so how does it work?  do you each keep what you find individually or do you pool everything and divi it up at the end?

Share this forum post


soul source url
Social source share
12 hours ago, davemac3 said:

so how does it work?  do you each keep what you find individually or do you pool everything and divi it up at the end?

Kind off we split multiples if we stumble on a few but generally we keep what we find individually . 

Share this forum post


soul source url
Social source share

All About the SOUL - Source Forum

Jump into the northern soul music & beyond talk now!

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Get started now!
Log into Soul Source

Get max use of the forums

Log in now!

  1. Digging, Digging, Digging
    Look At Your Box by Ian Dewhirst on Sat 12 Apr 2008
    • 11 / 1229
    • Ian Dewhirst on 18 Apr 2008
  2. ** Texas Soul ** Texas Soul **
    Record Sales by Soul-chef on Fri 13 Sep 2019
    • 1 / 557
    • Soul-chef on 13 Sep 2019
  3. Articles: Texas - A Big State But A Small World
    All About The Soul by Kenb on Fri 05 Jun 2020
    • 2 / 319
    • Mike on 06 Jun 2020
  4. Articles: Texas Funk
    All About The Soul by mike on Thu 05 Jun 2003
    • 1 / 327
    • mike on 05 Jun 2003
  5. Articles - Tidy Up Of Articles Sections
    Support by mike on Wed 08 Mar 2017
    • 1 / 799
    • mike on 08 Mar 2017

Source Adverts



×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.