Articles: Digging in the Texas Triangle 2019 - Record Hunting

40 minutes ago, Colsoul said:

nice one Baz could not have been a better trip for me, great eye opener loved every second of it and coming back with a new box of tunes, you and Gaz looked after me and will go again as soon as your ready ,Col

Was a real pleasure having you there Col,hopefully we will nip another trip in before 2023 when we will be over for mine and Gaz"s sixtieth with a bit luck.Might get Kev Kane also for the big one.Hope to see you soon Col.

41 minutes ago, Winsford Soul said:

Brilliant story Baz. Hope you and the two amigos are safe and well mate

All good my friend,hope your well pal and catch up soon.

• Up vote 1
Social source share

1 hour ago, Baz Atkinson said:

News/Article/Feature Highlight:

Digging in the Texas Triangle 2019. Record hunting adventures in Texas and the Austen Record Convention

View full article

A very enjoyable read. Thanks for posting. I’ve done a similar trip for the last few years and generally found something. Your comments about Will at the Alamo ring true so I’ve not bothered going there recently. There are records in Beaumont and Tyler if you’re passing through in the future.

• Up vote 1
Social source share

12 minutes ago, Frankie Crocker said:

A very enjoyable read. Thanks for posting. I’ve done a similar trip for the last few years and generally found something. Your comments about Will at the Alamo ring true so I’ve not bothered going there recently. There are records in Beaumont and Tyler if you’re passing through in the future.

Hey thanks that is good to know shame about Will I think we struggled the first time back in 2007 but last visit was intolerable, saying that he did not seem to be in good health. 

Social source share

22 minutes ago, Chalky said:

I can only imagine how much ale was supped, I bet Texas wished the lads from the North East were there every week :D

Great read pal.

Ah thanks Karl twas a great trip as the week wore on the immunity ran off and we were slowly sinking in it lol 😂

Social source share

• 2 weeks later...

Wonderful memories of a good lads night out, oh and the records too. We have all had wonderful experiences in our lives, just knowing each other for decades having met at the allnighters, and sharing the digging trips, not just finding records but the great things alongside of it all. And still we are all good friends, don't see one another like we used to, but no less the friendship.

catch up soon i hope Jordie boys x 

• Thanks 1
Social source share

12 hours ago, Gilly said:

Wonderful memories of a good lads night out, oh and the records too. We have all had wonderful experiences in our lives, just knowing each other for decades having met at the allnighters, and sharing the digging trips, not just finding records but the great things alongside of it all. And still we are all good friends, don't see one another like we used to, but no less the friendship.

catch up soon i hope Jordie boys x 

Wonderful words from one of the scenes finest much love and respect from all all of us .  

• Up vote 1
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!