• Replies 24
  • Views 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Cough, splutter - at £1k i'm never likely too either, Pete  :D

link

Probably wrong, but I'm sure one went through on ebay about a year ago, Think it had something like a $2.5k starting price and went for something like $4k.

Is there about 3/4 known copies??

Did someone say previous it's a bit monotonous, and he just keeps saying 'Workin' every now and then???

Have you got one then Pete? or is up for sale somewhere?

Not that I can afford it, just plain nosey :D

Jamie :D

Social source share

Guest LeoLyxxx

Did someone say previous it's a bit monotonous, and he just keeps saying 'Workin' every now and then???

Throw in the line "where's my money" and you got RnB in a nutshell :D

nest

Leo

Social source share

• 2 weeks later...

Probably wrong, but I'm sure one went through on ebay about a year ago, Think it had something like a $2.5k starting price and went for something like $4k.

Not that I can afford it, just plain nosey  :P

Jamie  :P

link

One just sold on e-bay for $2591. Thats at least 2 or 3 the last year on e-bay, not sure if same seller as never noted. Still only a small known quantity.

Social source share

Not a bad record - will give it a few more listens.

Can't help thinking that if there were hundreds - as opposed to 4 or 5 - copies of that floating around then no one would give a shit about it. :P:P

Hammy

Social source share

Not a bad record - will give it a few more listens.

Can't help thinking that if there were hundreds - as opposed to 4 or 5 - copies of that floating around then no one would give a shit about it.  :P   :P

Hammy

link

Think the same can be said for many so called "big" records Hammy.

Social source share

For any poor devil who is...........

Not played the tape for eighteen years and it's better than I remembered!

link

Thanks for that file Hippo. To my mind that is a classic record almost in the mold of early stuff like Leon Haywood's 'Baby Reconsider'. Just played the Timmy Carr and Leon Haywood back to back and there is a similar feel. Anyone know the date of the Timmy Carr?

Social source share

• 2 weeks later...

In light of the great sounds passed over in the 60's its easy to see why there aint many of these, probably crashed and burned on release and was melted for represess....nowt special IMO ranting_1.gif

cant imagine why it is fetching such a price purely because theres only a few not cause its that good

Geoooordiee

Social source share

Not that I can afford it, just plain nosey  :wicked:

Jamie  ranting_1.gif

link

Social source share

Time is certainly much better than Workin'. Not as strained vocally.  Neither would be on a fave list of mine though.

link

Its the same Timmy as Timmy & The Persionettes on Olympia 'There Comes a Time', a great overlooked side in my opinion.

Great label design too, found a few copies in the states in 90 /91.

Social source share

Guest enchantedrythm

have i the wrong download or is it killing me. sounds like timmy thomas of 'live together' fame. even reminds me of temps in their crossing period.

never seen it.

but thats a lot of money for something you would have to be shagging to(DANSE SENSE)

certainly cant 'reconsider' leon haywoode for any similarity at all.

(forgive me if i have the wrong download)

save your money- someones playing you.

Great sound but MONEY- Hype your own toones eh?

would love to know who rates this as IT. 'well liked and sought after'

HATE things like double printing on labels-always remind me of boots, not always the case, but for £1K plus must be serious contention, use your imagination.

take your TIME, when ordering

Social source share

Just dug the timmy carr out , i have to say pretty good, although the flip shows it is a touch dated !

i have at least 100 45's that are waiting to be played over the coming years in my upfront sets - this i feel just ain't good enough to play out, never the lessgreat soul one side virually rock and roll the other !

my copy also has the over printing on the label..

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!