News: Book - I Searched For Soul and Found The Stars - Gilly

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
11 minutes ago, Gilly said:

'I Searched for Soul, and Found the Stars'

OK, just an update to let everyone know things are running nicely, and still on for November delivery. For those who are unsure what this book is all about, here is a brief rundown.

It tells of the 5 trips I made to Detroit 1985/8/90/92/94 with various people from the UK and what we got up to. Its not about the facts of the musical world of Detroit, a lot of that information can be read on the internet. Rest assured though it does contain facts that most wont know, and told to me 'from the horses mouth' as they say. I and my traveling companions were for the most part the very first to meet these Stars outside of the States, but not only that we spent quality time also, and it has always been my ambition to credit, put into words in the form of a book, something that the history of Detroit music has omitted to date. Their story needs to be told, they and their children need to read just what an impact they had on our lives.

For more details go to page 1 of this thread. Thank you  Richard 'Gilly' Gilbert 

103980123_259852661745687_2980239093379321803_n (2).jpg

Thanks for the update mate  👍 

Ste 

• Up vote 1
Social source share

• 1 month later...
2 hours ago, Gilly said:

Hi everyone, we are still working hard to get this book out in November, it's scary times as we all know so lets hope it doesn't delay the release and intended November delivery to your door step. Come on, what else are you going to do at Christmas except that is drink far too much on Xmas eve, eat too much on Xmas day, eat too much cold turkey on Boxing day, have a row with her indoors, the neighbors, you've shouted at the dog, you've kicked the cat (we know a song about that) and because you've kicked the cat ended up having another row with her indoors. So the moral of the story is buy this easy to read book of mine, (I know it's easy, I wrote it) it will make you laugh, cry, and tell you things you didn't know, and some photos that haven't been seen before.

With this book I can now tell you is a free CD because a fair chunk of my stories link back to Ady Croasdel and ACE/KENT in that most of the Dave Hamilton masters got the release's long overdue through that company as I and others started the whole thing off from day one. Some of these songs you will know and some you will have never heard before, and they are not likely to ever be released onto CD again, trust me. And if you don't like the 'free' CD have another row with her indoors, not me. The CD is for the first 1000 books sold only, we are up to 800 at the moment.

Last thing, I still plan to donate a modest sum of money to Kettering General Hospital (stroke unit) and I have said before, having experienced a stroke, its the last thing on your mind, right up until it (and i hope it never does) happens. That donation will be for those wonderful people, the people on the front line, not the Hospital manager's, something for them to benefit from. (maybe a microwave or similar, i'm open to suggestions) 

If you do want a book, (more details at the beginning of this thread) make sure you have emailed to gillybook@btinternet.com (if you have already done that, please don't repeat) it's all noted.

Please don't have a row with her indoors on Christmas day, she can read it after you!

I love my music, and I love my friends

Gilly 

103980123_259852661745687_2980239093379321803_n (2).jpg

Great stuff Mr Gilbert, like a whole bunch of folk, can't wait, btw, loved your 45 minutes set on mixcloud, great music (as expected) and banter 😀 

Kev x

• Up vote 1
Social source share

17 hours ago, Happy Feet said:

Hi Gilly,  so pleased for you mate, would be a pleasure to read and an honour to own, may I book a copy please (pardon the pun) , worth the wait all the best DaveW 

Hi, important you send an email to gillybook@btinternet.com thats all you have to do for now, cheers 

Social source share

9 minutes ago, Phathom Janitor said:

Hi Gilly hope all good with you thanks for the laughs with yr good self & Rob MARRIOTT Esq at Mansfield (shirebrook "something different "Where good people go )put me down for a copy hope see u soon 

send email to gillybook@btinternet.com  thats all you have to do cheers mate, yes great times x

Social source share

On 22/10/2020 at 09:06, Gilly said:

Very shortly before i receive the printed books i will email everyone for their addresses and for payment. Its gonna be a massive task to get them out pre Christmas, but we will. Thanks for your interest, means a lot x 

Cheers Gilly, it means a lot to folk out here mate that you've done this👍

All the best Dave

• Up vote 1
Social source share

WALLOP!!!!! I can't wait for the book and that video footage is absolute history of your travels and the soul scene!!! I doff my cap...and apart from being a tad grey around the jowels and temples, you haven't changed!!! And strangely, if as mentioned you deliver your book before x.mas, your one of the few who  could get down the chimney😂😂....Thank you and keep safe all....Rob

• Up vote 1
Social source share

15 minutes ago, Woodbutcher said:

To save people getting lost looking for the video ... :hatsoff2:

thanks buddy 

4 minutes ago, Lionelonthevinyl said:

WALLOP!!!!! I can't wait for the book and that video footage is absolute history of your travels and the soul scene!!! I doff my cap...and apart from being a tad grey around the jowels and temples, you haven't changed!!! And strangely, if as mentioned you deliver your book before x.mas, your one of the few who  could get down the chimney😂😂....Thank you and keep safe all....Rob

That was my younger brother x 

• Up vote 1
Social source share

On 11/11/2020 at 22:10, Winsford Soul said:

Gilly.  As long as you and Nicola are safe and well. We can wait for a book. To quote Chuck . Good things come to those who wait. 

Ste. 

2nd what Steve says Gilly my man, everything has been put on hold, manufacturing, retail, corperate and commercial, so don't stress lad, we can't wait, but we'll bloody have to 😉 😜 love to you and Nic x

• Up vote 3
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!