News: Book - I Searched For Soul and Found The Stars - Gilly

Posted

I wish to buy 2 copies please. 

One for my brother Tony (which I will read as well) and one for donation to someone (anyone) on here who loves the music and would like to own it - but may just be struggling to justify the purchase in the current financial climate. 

• Up vote 13
soul source url
Social source share
  • Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Amount Of Reads

•  Views 5.3k

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I wish to buy 2 copies please.  One for my brother Tony (which I will read as well) and one for donation to someone (anyone) on here who loves the music and would like to own it - but may just be

News/Article/Feature Highlight: My forthcoming book. Well at last I can announce that this much anticipated book will be available for your pleasure in November 2020. View full article

There we go Fiona

Posted Images

Posted

from me, just an update in saying thank you for all the responses, make sure you send any requirements to the dedicated email address.....  gillybook@btinternet.com   cheers 

• Up vote 3
soul source url
Social source share
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Posted

One for me please Gilly. I always said you needed to write a book, this will be great.

• Up vote 2
soul source url
Social source share
Posted
On 01/09/2020 at 00:49, grouse said:

One for me please Gilly. I always said you needed to write a book, this will be great.

thanks mate, just place your interest in the form of an email to gillybook@btinternet.com  cheers 

soul source url
Social source share
Posted

'I Searched for Soul, and Found the Stars'

OK, just an update to let everyone know things are running nicely, and still on for November delivery. For those who are unsure what this book is all about, here is a brief rundown.

It tells of the 5 trips I made to Detroit 1985/8/90/92/94 with various people from the UK and what we got up to. Its not about the facts of the musical world of Detroit, a lot of that information can be read on the internet. Rest assured though it does contain facts that most wont know, and told to me 'from the horses mouth' as they say. I and my traveling companions were for the most part the very first to meet these Stars outside of the States, but not only that we spent quality time also, and it has always been my ambition to credit, put into words in the form of a book, something that the history of Detroit music has omitted to date. Their story needs to be told, they and their children need to read just what an impact they had on our lives.

For more details go to page 1 of this thread. Thank you  Richard 'Gilly' Gilbert 

103980123_259852661745687_2980239093379321803_n (2).jpg

• Up vote 4
  • Thanks 1
soul source url
Social source share
Posted
11 minutes ago, Gilly said:

'I Searched for Soul, and Found the Stars'

OK, just an update to let everyone know things are running nicely, and still on for November delivery. For those who are unsure what this book is all about, here is a brief rundown.

It tells of the 5 trips I made to Detroit 1985/8/90/92/94 with various people from the UK and what we got up to. Its not about the facts of the musical world of Detroit, a lot of that information can be read on the internet. Rest assured though it does contain facts that most wont know, and told to me 'from the horses mouth' as they say. I and my traveling companions were for the most part the very first to meet these Stars outside of the States, but not only that we spent quality time also, and it has always been my ambition to credit, put into words in the form of a book, something that the history of Detroit music has omitted to date. Their story needs to be told, they and their children need to read just what an impact they had on our lives.

For more details go to page 1 of this thread. Thank you  Richard 'Gilly' Gilbert 

103980123_259852661745687_2980239093379321803_n (2).jpg

Thanks for the update mate  👍 

Ste 

• Up vote 1
soul source url
Social source share
Posted

Boom!!!! Will be an amazing read...can't wait....Thank you for taking, i  would imagine a long time to write, sort, publish etc...you have mentioned a few bits while having a ciggie at places I see you...good luck and thank you matey....kind regards....Rob

• Up vote 2
soul source url
Social source share
Posted

Hiya Rob, fully agree. Should be a great read. Previously read some stuff and yep some great stories told while having a cig or two. A must buy, cheers

• Up vote 1
soul source url
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments/views now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Log back in to Soul Source now!
  1. Being Searched By The D S
    All About The Soul by soulpeeper on Fri 17 Dec 2010