Woodbutcher

Sad decision reached after much deliberation ....

Posted (edited)

I am posting this with a heavy heart.

As much as I love my collection of rare soul records , it takes up too much of my time as far as cataloguing and maintaining , and I am struggling to keep up with the everyday basics such as gardening , lawn mowing , cleaning and maintaining my home, so something has to give.

I have decided after much deliberation to sell off my humble little collection ...

Below is a list of what's available. Serious inquiries only please. And please don't insult me with your offers.
Thanks for reading and understanding.

1. Dustpan and brush
2. Sponges
3. Dusters
4. Mop and bucket
5. Window cleaner
6. Vacuum
7. Dish-washing liquid
8. Laundry detergent
9. Fabric softener
10. Laundry baskets
11. Toilet brush
12. Cleaning sprays
13. Scrubbing brushes
14. Lawn Mower

Edited by Woodbutcher
  • Up vote 28

Share this forum post

soul source url
Social source share
Posted (edited)

Steve, can you hold the Toilet Brush for me, but only if there's no marks or ring wear.

Thanks,

Kev.

Edited by Kevinkent
  • Up vote 1

Share this forum post

soul source url
Social source share
2 minutes ago, Kevinkent said:

Steve, can you hold the Toilet Brush for me, but it only if there's no marks or ring wear.

Thanks,

Kev.

Certainly Kev,

It's original , barely used since I acquired it in 1995 , genuine M- ... :rolleyes:

Share this forum post

soul source url
Social source share

I need a decent window cleaner Steve..

• Up vote 1

Share this forum post

soul source url
Social source share

I need a sponge Steve, I've just spilt my vodka

• Up vote 1

Share this forum post

soul source url
Social source share
1 hour ago, Ficklefingers said:

I need a decent window cleaner Steve..

does he come with his own ladder?  I detest the new fangled extendable jobbies, how can they see if they've left smears?

• Up vote 1

Share this forum post

soul source url
Social source share
Just now, Tattoodave said:

I need a sponge Steve, I've just spilt my vodka

Sorry mate .... bet you didn't spill it all though ... :wink:

Not sure whether you're on FB   ( guessing not ) but the seventh 100 On-liner is tonight at 9pm , someone forgot to list it on here again.  

A classy alternative to the "Requests and Repeats Show" going on 'elsewhere tonight ... :rolleyes:

If not I'll be sticking the sets on Mixcloud again in the morning ... :thumbsup:

• Up vote 2

Share this forum post

soul source url
Social source share

So long as he doesn't outbid you on the Sponge Dave.. 🤓

• Up vote 1

Share this forum post

soul source url
Social source share
Just now, Woodbutcher said:

Sorry mate .... bet you didn't spill it all though ... :wink:

Not sure whether you're on FB   ( guessing not ) but the seventh 100 On-liner is tonight at 9pm , someone forgot to list it on here again.  

A classy alternative to the "Requests and Repeats Show" going on 'elsewhere tonight ... :rolleyes:

If not I'll be sticking the sets on Mixcloud again in the morning ... :thumbsup:

I signed up for FB under a totally fictitious name just to enjoy it, I'm back in Spain for a few weeks, yawn.

Of course I didn't spill in all!!! 

1 minute ago, Ficklefingers said:

So long as he doesn't outbid you on the Sponge Dave.. 🤓

It's alright Johnny I just swept it off the table back into the glass with my hand

• Up vote 3

Share this forum post

soul source url
Social source share
1 hour ago, Tattoodave said:

I signed up for FB under a totally fictitious name just to enjoy it.

Wouldn't be "Aloysuis" by any chance ... :g:

• Up vote 1

Share this forum post

soul source url
Social source share

Hiya, what a great name - Aloysius valatone, cheers

Share this forum post

soul source url
Social source share

Nice to see there's still a sense of humour left here on SS and the thread has not been deleted as was the case over on FB after the thread got 100+ positive reactions in an hour or two ... :facepalm:

Keep smiling out there .

• Up vote 1

Share this forum post

soul source url
Social source share
16 minutes ago, Woodbutcher said:

Nice to see there's still a sense of humour left here on SS and the thread has not been deleted as was the case over on FB after the thread got 100+ positive reactions in an hour or two ... :facepalm:

Keep smiling out there .

First saw this on Facebook about two years ago, so hardly original. And if this was deleted from a Facebook group it's probably because it had been reposted once too often. 

• Up vote 1

Share this forum post

soul source url
Social source share

It's been kicking about for ages in various forms Russ , guess it was just not 'serious' enough to sit amongst the myriad threads arguing about OVO and the soaring price of 45s ... :lol:

Share this forum post

soul source url
Social source share
2 hours ago, Woodbutcher said:

OVO

Perhaps OJO ... Original Jokes Only... 🤣

• Up vote 1

Share this forum post

soul source url
Social source share

As a moderator I thought.....Mmmmm - But 'twas funny, so I liked it :wink:

As you say - A sense of humour is still alive and kicking here on Soul-source.

Keep em coming :D

Len :thumbsup:

• Up vote 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this forum post

soul source url
Social source share

Just wondering the mop and bucket for sale is it

Original Viners only?

Share this forum post

soul source url
Social source share
Posted (edited)
14 hours ago, Woodbutcher said:

Keep smiling out there .

It was reported by group members Steve in a collectors group.  

Why is this posted here in freebasing and not All About Soul or Look At Your Box?  Because it would be moved as it isn't relevant for the group, the same reason it was removed from where it was on FB.  Freebasing just the same as your timeline on Facebook.

It was funny a few years ago........

Edited by Chalky

Share this forum post

soul source url
Social source share

Not everybody is on Facebook.

It is funny,if its the first time you have read it.

• Up vote 4

Share this forum post

soul source url
Social source share
Posted (edited)

Steve, I’ll take the lawn mower if it’s one of those self-mowing types that's not too loud. I’m in the market for one that gives the impression work is being done in the garden, but doesn’t drown out the music in the record room🎶🎶🎶🎶🎶🎶🎶

Edited by Frankie Crocker
typo

Share this forum post

soul source url
Social source share
Posted (edited)
20 minutes ago, Frankie Crocker said:

Steve, I’ll take the lawn mower if it’s one of those self-mowing types that's not too loud. I’m in the market for one that gives the impression work is bring done in the garden, but doesn’t drown out the music in the record room🎶🎶🎶🎶🎶🎶🎶

It's yours sir , it's a self-propelled ride-on jobby , very quiet and easy to maintain. 

You'll just need to collect him it.

image.png.1779b56f05b8d841b754015377441e40.png

Edited by Woodbutcher
  • Up vote 6

Share this forum post

soul source url
Social source share

I'm not on f### book . Don't care if it's old. It's funny the first time you read it.  

• Up vote 2

Share this forum post

soul source url
Social source share
7 hours ago, Chalky said:

It was reported by group members Steve in a collectors group.  

Why is this posted here in freebasing and not All About Soul or Look At Your Box?  Because it would be moved as it isn't relevant for the group, the same reason it was removed from where it was on FB.  Freebasing just the same as your timeline on Facebook.

It was funny a few years ago........

446052586_victor_transI4i1a-7tqjMxGle8m6q3UB50nMRJTllVij2UTnOh9eo.jpg.84df4c6a883656e0778977fd2db94eef.jpg

:P

• Up vote 2

Share this forum post

soul source url
Social source share
9 minutes ago, Greedy Mick said:

I'm not on f### book . Don't care if it's old. It's funny the first time you read it.  

You are right the first time  it is funny but 100s of postings later over several years the humour in it wears a little 😆🙄😉

Share this forum post

soul source url
Social source share
4 hours ago, sir cumference said:

Not everybody is on Facebook.

It is funny,if its the first time you have read it.

I don't do fu*kbook either, so was extremely welcoming of the opening post as I'd never seen it before..

Had me in feckin' stitches - which I really appreciate during these difficult times.. helped me retain a bit of sanity, so thank you for that Steve..

PS. what's the highest bid on the Window Cleaner mate ?? Are you up for a private deal at a price you'd be happy with ??

• Up vote 1

Share this forum post

soul source url
Social source share

No bids so far John ,

I think everyone's cleaned their own so many times during lockdown that it's redundant ... :g:

Share this forum post

soul source url
Social source share
6 minutes ago, Ficklefingers said:

Had me in feckin' stitches - which I really appreciate during these difficult times.. helped me retain a bit of sanity, so thank you for that Steve..

You're very welcome mate , here's looking forward to a time when folk start smiling again ... :hatsoff2:

Share this forum post

soul source url
Social source share
1 minute ago, Woodbutcher said:

No bids so far John ,

I think everyone's cleaned their own so many times during lockdown that it's redundant ... :g:

Not in my house Steve cos I'm a right lazy ba*tard !! Need the windows cleaned so I can see the small pathway between the rubbish I've hoarded since lockdown..

Well.. they said don't go out, and taking the rubbish out is.. well, OUT !!

• Up vote 1

Share this forum post

soul source url
Social source share

I think we must be related ... :D

I know mine need doing because everytime I look out at night to see if the stars are visible for a spot of astronomy I think it's cloudy ... 👽

• Up vote 1

Share this forum post

soul source url
Social source share
Just now, Ficklefingers said:

Not in my house Steve cos I'm a right lazy ba*tard !! Need the windows cleaned so I can see the small pathway between the rubbish I've hoarded since lockdown..

Well.. they said don't go out, and taking the rubbish out is.. well, OUT !!

During the lock-down, myself and the wife (Nina) were worried / looking after Nina's Dad at a distance (There's a nice story on the 'Lock-down' thread about a local to him lady doing his shopping / collecting his prescriptions at no charge)

Anyway, during the height of this lock-down Nina was tentatively asking her Dad about how he now did his washing because he uses a laundrette, so was worried about it - Tentatively because he is a proud old soul.

Nina then (again tentatively) said to him......"Dad, what are you doing with all of your rubbish?".......He replied sounding quite 'timid'........"It's in the front room"........Nina's heart sank.

....."Dad, you can't keep your rubbish in the front room".........Queue Nina's Dad......"HA HA HA! Of course it's not in the front room, it's in the bins downstairs! HA HA HA" 

Bless him :D

Len :thumbsup:

• Up vote 1

Share this forum post

soul source url
Social source share

The bugger Len.. does he use a walking cane per chance ?? Nina could accidentally kick it from under him.. 🙃

• Up vote 2

Share this forum post

soul source url
Social source share
46 minutes ago, Woodbutcher said:

You're very welcome mate , here's looking forward to a time when folk start smiling again ... :hatsoff2:

Smiling again  lol.

I'm a grumpy old git  at the best of times.  Even worse after 4 months of lockdown.  Victor meldrew looks happy go lucky compared to me

• Up vote 2

Share this forum post

soul source url
Social source share

THINK AGAIN, 

Share this forum post

soul source url
Social source share
45 minutes ago, Gilly said:

THINK AGAIN, 

It's too much like hard work thinking once these days Richard , let alone doing it again ... 😜

Share this forum post

soul source url
Social source share

Freebasing - Source Forum

An off the soul beat lifestyle talk forum

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Get started now!

Get max use of the forums

1. Shirley Lawson, Sad Sad Day / So Much To Me - Enterprise
    Record Wants by swaggy on Mon 03 Oct 2016
    • 1 / 486
    • swaggy on 03 Oct 2016
  2. Jimmy Elledge: Sad Town- Sad Town - (m-)£250
    Record Sales by on Thu 12 Mar 2009
    • 1 / 422
    • on 12 Mar 2009
  3. Tempos - Countdown / Sad Sad Memories
    Record Wants by HensTeeth on Mon 15 Apr 2013
    • 2 / 689
    • HensTeeth on 15 Apr 2013
  4. Jimmy Elledge: Sad Town- Sad Town - (m-)
    Record Sales by on Mon 09 Mar 2009
    • 2 / 473
    • Guest on 10 Mar 2009
  5. Larry Hammond Sad Sad Day
    Record Sales by keithw on Mon 09 May 2011
    • 1 / 699
    • keithw on 09 May 2011

Source Adverts

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.