Mal C

Sad News on the passing of Freddie Cole

Only just learnt of this, I knew Freddie's music via the very much loved 'I'd Have it Made' on Tru-Glo-Town Records, a very beautiful beat ballad. Rest in Peace.

Freddie Cole died 27th June, 2020 after a career of almost seventy years singing and playing piano. He was 88 years old. Born Lionel Frederick Cole in Chicago, October 15, 1931, Freddy Cole was younger brother to Eddie, Ike and Nat "King" Cole.
https://allaboutjazz.com/freddy-cole-leaves-the-stage-freddy-cole

• Up vote 3

Share this forum post

soul source url
Social source share
Posted (edited)

I never knew he was Nat's, Eddie's, and Ike's brother.  His voice has much less family resemblance than the other three, although it does have some level of their smoothness and familial tone. 

Edited by Robbk
  • Up vote 1

Share this forum post

soul source url
Social source share

Nor I Robb until I saw the linked obituary. Also did not know anything about Eddie, but he has a wiki page >>HERE<< which says he was the eldest of ten children, inc obviously Nat.  I always thought Freddie's voice sounded like Nat King Cole, just never bothered to check it...

Share this forum post

soul source url
Social source share
Just now, Mal C said:

Nor I Robb until I saw the linked obituary. Also did not know anything about Eddie, but he has a wiki page >>HERE<< which says he was the eldest of ten children, inc obviously Nat.  I always thought Freddie's voice sounded like Nat King Cole, just never bothered to check it...

Yes, Eddie was the oldest, and he was a Jazz/Swing combo leader, musician, and vocalist, as well.

Share this forum post

soul source url
Social source share
16 hours ago, Robbk said:

Yes, Eddie was the oldest, and he was a Jazz/Swing combo leader, musician, and vocalist, as well.

Eddie Cole born in 1910, Nat was born in 1919 , Freddie in 1931  musical family if there ever was one.

• Up vote 1

Share this forum post

soul source url
Social source share

A Very unique voice  *He sang with Great Passion *  And who could not love  "I'd Have Made" A very Sad Time for us all.

Sadly the list keeps Growing

• Up vote 2

Share this forum post

soul source url
Social source share
6 hours ago, Hooker1951 said:

Eddie Cole born in 1910, Nat was born in 1919 , Freddie in 1931  musical family if there ever was one.

And Ike was born in 1927.

Share this forum post

soul source url
Social source share

All About the SOUL - Source Forum

Jump into the northern soul music & beyond talk now!

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Get started now!

Get max use of the forums

1. Snapper - I Was Just Passing Through
    Record Sales by local on Sat 16 Apr 2016
    • 1 / 1157
    • local on 16 Apr 2016
  2. Duane Yates Passing On By
    Record Wants by HiTtHeBoNgO on Mon 06 Sep 2010
    • 1 / 1183
    • HiTtHeBoNgO on 06 Sep 2010
  3. Passing On News/content From Other Sites
    All About The Soul by mike on Thu 14 Mar 2013
    • 1 / 343
    • mike on 14 Mar 2013
  4. Chancellor Of Soul Reports The Passing Of Luther Dixon
    All About The Soul by Chancellor on Thu 29 Oct 2009
    • 2 / 604
    • soul45s on 30 Oct 2009
  5. Snapper - Was Just Passing Through
    Record Wants by gointoagogo on Fri 11 Nov 2016
    • 1 / 337
    • gointoagogo on 11 Nov 2016

Source Adverts

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.