Donald Lee Richardson Fake or Real?

Hi all. Ive just bought Donald Lee Richardson- You got me in the palm of your hand, on Soulville Label SV-1022-B however when I looked at the matrix run out, it has this code etched in  as well as JW 006 B which has been scratched out. Is this a fake? It was sold as an original pressing. Thanks for your help. D

Social source share

• Replies 5
  • Views 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

There is a copy on popsike from 2012 that was part of the Chris Savory collection that went to Omega Auctions 

The detailed description is the same as you have described regarding the same  matrix numbers crossed out also 

It went for £50 

Edited by The Tempest
Social source share

I've had an original white demo which i think i sold on here, I always prefered the other side "I have learned my lesson". I don't remember checking the run out details at the time but now you mention it JW was probably Jay Walking, Soulvilles sister label. It could of been scheduled for that label then changed.

Social source share

This has a red and white label. Soulville.  A side I've learned my lesson B side You got me in the palm of my hand. Just seems odd to have a matrix number etched out. Label seems legit but was wondering if its a relabelled boot to match the original?

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert