JMAuction - 29/07/2020 - Results

37 minutes ago, Frankie Crocker said:

Thanks for posting. Still one of my favourite features on here even though I follow the auctions daily.

Surprised by the Attractions price. Another sold for less than half that a few days ago.

Sam Moore on Atlantic is evidently rare but 2K is a lot to pay for something like this.

There was a sam Moore on here set sale for 600 in 2015 and another inviting offers.

Edited by Dylan
Social source share

1 hour ago, Dylan said:

There was a sam Moore on here set sale for 600 in 2015 and another inviting offers.

I wonder how many of us might have passed over this obscurity when ploughing through thousands of Atlantic 45’s. Atlantic was the largest independent soul label in the 60’s so it is odd that they relegated the Joe Moore release. I guess there must be a story behind this rarity.

• Up vote 1
Social source share

5 minutes ago, Winsford Soul said:

Thats what I'm guessing.  Will phone my mate who told me earlier.  Here's the screenshot 

IMG-20200730-WA0010.jpg

Yes its been sold.  The owner got by all accounts a daft offer, all parties happy. It isn’t the rarest labelled record either as plenty of one offs out there. 

Social source share

5 minutes ago, Chalky said:

Yes its been sold.  The owner got by all accounts a daft offer, all parties happy. It isn’t the rarest labelled record either as plenty of one offs out there. 

Karl. Thanks mate 👍.  I only posted the screenshot as was sent to me. It does say rarest motown record 

I have been told the amount that it sold for but I don't think it would be that much and I'm not going to speculate as its only hearsay 

Edited by Winsford Soul
Social source share

5 hours ago, Winsford Soul said:

Karl. Thanks mate 👍.  I only posted the screenshot as was sent to me. It does say rarest motown record 

I have been told the amount that it sold for but I don't think it would be that much and I'm not going to speculate as its only hearsay 

I hope it went to a collector called Kenny...

• Up vote 3
Social source share

Hi Zanetti,

I know / knew Lee Jeffries - He is the record dealer Steve Jeffrie's Son. Lee DJed a bit on our scene when he was a very young lad. I remember him DJing upstairs at The Cleethorpes weekender many moons ago.

I understand he has been very successful in whatever he does, hence the spare money to buy this record (I presume) Good on him, it's nice to see a young 'go getter' making good :wink:

Len :thumbsup:

• Up vote 2
Social source share

28 minutes ago, Frankie Crocker said:

Nice motor John... I like the number plate too.

Apparently the number plate used to be Arthur Fenn's.

I remember Jon Buck had 'RSG' as his number plate ('RSG All-nighters') 

Great if you like that sort of thing :wink:

• Up vote 1
Social source share

6 hours ago, Len said:

Apparently the number plate used to be Arthur Fenn's.

I remember Jon Buck had 'RSG' as his number plate ('RSG All-nighters') 

Great if you like that sort of thing :wink:

If I remember rightly,he had it on a VW Beetle at one time...

• Up vote 1
Social source share

2 hours ago, Davenpete said:

His main car I remember was the manky matt black Volvo he used to turn up to scooter rallies in with Bear etc.

Bear - There's a name from the past. He sadly passed away a few years ago.

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!