Coolnotes

Getting Back on the dance floor .. ?

Hi 

My wife and I have indulged in Latin and Ballroom events , and the organisers of  a latin and ballroom weekly evening event have sent out an email with the following guidelines  in the hope of re opening in late August . Im sure re opening Soul clubs has been hotly debated here , but I thought it might provide some useful info for promoters . The main draw back might be the 'couples' or Bubble partners requirement. 

Keep the Faith . Cool Notes. 

THOUGHTS ON HOW TO RE-START DANCING

The first and most important thing is that, we must demonstrate that we have within government guide lines, made all necessary arrangements to create a truly safe environment in which to dance.

It is worth noting that on 22nd June 2020 Dr Jenny Harries at the Coved update said that you would have to meet 1,700 people before you come in contact with a carrier of the virus. The infection rate on (4/7/2020) was one person in every 2,200 people and on 12/7/20 One person in every 3,900 people

To create confidence, we need to arrange appropriate seating, spacing and table layout, provide reassuring cleaning and sanitisation stations within the ballroom. Make necessary new and innovative procedures and arrangements to make everyone safe when dancing. If we can do all of these things, we stand a good chance of a successful return to dance, for you and everyone to enjoy.

Government Guide Lines.

In line with Government and Industry Covid-19 Guidelines, the  ballroom will be regularly treated with an industrial grade steam cleaning system, this industrial steam cleaning sanitisation system operates at 150 degrees to clean all surfaces, furniture, and fittings. In addition, the use of an ultraviolet wand will also be used to clean all curtains and soft surfaces, completing this thorough cleaning process.  A We’re Good to Go Covid-19 Industry Standard certificate displayed.

Sanitation.On your arrival you will find there is a newly installed automatic door, and an immediately strategically placed hand sanitisation station, in the entrance hall.Then at reception, everyone will have their temperature checked, a government requirement.When arriving there is a second hand sanitiser which you must use before you enter.It is also a requirement that everyone has to have their own personal supply of sanitizer for their own personal use, and that they must use it on a regular basis to protect themselves and others.Please be aware.

Unfortunately for social dancing at the moment dancing can only be made safe for couples, it is not possible to accommodate singles  who are not together as part of a  bubble.  (Clearly this presents some issues for the Soul scene ?!!) 

Seating.

Seating will be set out for couples only, and will be arranged with two seats close together, with each pair of two seats being two meters apart, (not one meter +) creating maximum safety for everyone.This will ensure all couples, husband wife etc. (bubble couples) always sit next to each other, and that the next couple to them, is always two meters away.This arrangement ensures importantly that all couples are always side on to anyone next to them, and not face to face, as clearly recommended by the government for indoor gatherings.

In addition to multi couple tables.We think it is important to have lots of smaller tables, offering suitable seating for two people.Thus enabling everyone the opportunity, to sit separately, or (if they prefer) to have the option of siting with others on a multi couple table..That way everyone has the choice as to what is safest for them, and also which of these choices suits them best.Please note, the maximum people allowed within government guide lines, on one table is six people.

Also please note that, a government requirement of no more than 30 people from different household gathering in one place, will be strictly adhered too. So, early arrival is highly recommended.

Dancing arrangements.

To make the dance experience as safe as possible, we propose to introduce the following arrangements.For freestyle dancing, we will play two tunes for each dance In this way we will ensure plenty of space between dancers during each freestyle dance, thus enabling all couples dancing to stay well apart from each other. This means that everyone on the floor for the first tune will leave the floor at the end of the record to allow the next group of dancers onto the floor for the second tune to be played.

For sequence dancing.We think that we must introduce using two circles at all times, an inner circle and an outer circle.This means that the only person you are face to face  with when dancing is your dance partner and that each and every couple are always back to back with any other couple who are always two meters in front or behind them as they dance.

Please remember

At our dances, unlike going to the pub, to the shops, or going to the supermarket. You actually know all the people you are likely to meet. These people are known to you and if they were carrying the virus it would be unlikely for them to be at the dance. They would quite rightly be in self isolation.Everyone having had their temperature read on arrival makes it very unlikely that someone at the dance, could actually infect you with the virus.

Further important information.

It is worth noting that on 22nd June 2020 Dr Jenny Harries at the Coved update said that you would have to meet 1,700 people before you come in contact with a carrier of the virus. The infection rate on (4/7/2020) was one person in every 2,200 people and on 12/7/20 One person in every 3,900 people. The maximum number of people allowed to attend is thirty people, and everyone will have had their temperature read.

• Up vote 2

Share this forum post

soul source url
Social source share

Thanks for the info - Personally I am going to wait until our events are back to normal, as in full capacity, however long that takes.

I don't mind if our temperatures are taken on arrival, but I don't fancy going to an event where the capacity is limited to say 30%.  Although I'm sure this may well work fine for the dances like you describe above, or even some Sunday soul sessions ref us lot.

All the best,

Len :thumbsup:

• Up vote 3

Share this forum post

soul source url
Social source share
Posted (edited)

The stats used in the justification above are long out of date and latest position sees growth of cases for first time since April. The infection rate is back above 4000 and SAGE reports today the R rate may now be above 1 again.

Government action was taken last night on Greater Manchester and related areas. Events spaces nationally are going to remain totally closed for at least another couple of weeks it has just been announced in the PM briefing, delaying opening of such as cinemas, bowling alleys and wedding reception spaces.

So let's keep on top of the latest position to inform any organiser and personal decisions.  The PM has just said on TV as I type, a moment ago that indoor events remain not allowed, so care needed. Stay well I hope everyone.

Edited by Thinksmart
  • Up vote 1

Share this forum post

soul source url
Social source share

Thanks ,  the recent Northern Spike was announced within hours of me posting this , one step forward two steps back . Keep the Faith I guess. . ?!

• Up vote 2

Share this forum post

soul source url
Social source share

Yes, unified by the music and culture around it until we can congregate safely again.

Share this forum post

soul source url
Social source share
On 30/07/2020 at 19:06, Coolnotes said:

Please remember

At our dances, unlike going to the pub, to the shops, or going to the supermarket. You actually know all the people you are likely to meet. These people are known to you and if they were carrying the virus it would be unlikely for them to be at the dance. They would quite rightly be in self isolation.

I think this statement to be slightly naive tbh .....

Just because you know a person does not mean they cannot be an asymptomatic carrier.

A high proportion (c70%) were found to be asymptomatic from the Diamond Princess cruise ship evidence......which turned out to be a perfect isolation lab test of the disease, as everyone was isolated for weeks and then tested. 

Likewise, it does not mean they won't be there happily mingling and dancing away, as they won't have been tested if they are asymptomatic.

By definition, they won't feel ill. 

Also they may have the disease but not have a raised temperature. 

I know someone who owns a gym who made a similar statement. But as the virus appears to be aerosol infectious - places where people breathe heavily in enclosed indoor spaces could be an issue. 

Edited by Fish Fingers
  • Up vote 1

Share this forum post

soul source url
Social source share

Let's face it we All want to be back on the floor with our friends, But where only here once, no point in risking everyone's health just for a dance. I've seen post's on fb from selfish desperate people whom would think twice about turning up at a venue with the desease their so desperate for a dance. 

Let's all just stay safe and leave it till the time we can return safely 👍👍👍👍

• Up vote 6

Share this forum post

soul source url
Social source share

Freebasing - Source Forum

An off the soul beat lifestyle talk forum

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Get started now!

Get max use of the forums

1. Dance , Dance , Dance .... / Who Did / Does And Still Cut The Rug
    All About The Soul by 123-motown on Mon 29 Aug 2011
    • 13 / 3025
    • soul elite on 27 Apr 2012
  2. Casualeers Dance,dance, Dance,(roulette)
    Record Wants by wiganelli on Mon 19 Nov 2012
    • 1 / 415
    • wiganelli on 19 Nov 2012
  3. The Casualeers,dance,dance,dance
    Record Sales by sammy seaman on Tue 06 Aug 2013
    • 1 / 674
    • sammy seaman on 06 Aug 2013
  4. Casualleers Dance Dance Dance
    Record Wants by John Stackhouse on Sun 18 Feb 2018
    • 4 / 492
    • SoulfulSolutions on 22 Feb 2018
  5. Casualeers - Dance,dance,dance
    Record Wants by shaunfitz on Sun 21 Feb 2010
    • 10 / 903
    • shaunfitz on 22 Feb 2010
  6. Dance Dance Dance Lp On Contempo
    Record Wants by wiganer1 on Mon 19 Dec 2011
    • 2 / 579
    • vince ayres on 20 Dec 2011

Source Adverts

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.