Posted

Anyone tell me the tune to the lyrics 

every day is a new day every way is a new way but ill never forget the day that we met ill never forget the things that were said you said you cared and youd alwsys be there oh my myy little baby i know you dont love me nomore im loney without your love yes i know i have loved a hundred times

soul source url
Social source share
  • Replies 16
  • Views 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

It has got a kind of garage vibe to it but at the more sophisticated end with those horns and a relatively mature voice. Without a chorus or anything more it'd be hard to pinpoint as it's just not tha

spiral starecase - more today than yesterday maybe ? actually,  scrap that !

Mose Allison?

Posted (edited)

spiral starecase - more today than yesterday

maybe ?

actually,  scrap that !

Edited by Ian Parker
  • Up vote 1
soul source url
Social source share
Posted (edited)

Why didn't you post that in the first place????

I'm not surprised people don't know it - it's hideous...

You obviously mean it sounds like a different Georgie Fame to the one I know - probably one performing as a Billy Joe Royal or Tony Orlando tribute act!

Dx

Edited by Davenpete
  • Up vote 1
soul source url
Social source share
Posted

Know what you mean, although Tony Christie is head and shoulders above whoever this is as a singer. As is Georgie Fame.

Reminds me of Pierre Hunt's "I've got to have your love" both musically and vocally (see DavenPete above for details).

I would say most likely a UK singer, recorded around 1968-72. Not Joe Brown, Mark Wynter, Tony Christie, Georgie Fame, but the kind of thing most likely to appear on a hits compilation on Warwick or K-Tel from around that era.

A Jimmy Young record of the week.

• Up vote 1
soul source url
Social source share
Posted

To be honest i, d be surprised if this tune gets identified here (hope it does tho) but it sounds like 1960s garage pop rock offering from the usa and theres literally millions out there.

• Up vote 1
soul source url
Social source share
Posted

Went back to the person who contacted the show and he had recorded a small portion at a North Wales gig ?? Not everyone s cup of tea .Just trying to help :(

soul source url
Social source share
Posted
5 hours ago, Mach said:

To be honest i, d be surprised if this tune gets identified here (hope it does tho) but it sounds like 1960s garage pop rock offering from the usa and theres literally millions out there.

It has got a kind of garage vibe to it but at the more sophisticated end with those horns and a relatively mature voice. Without a chorus or anything more it'd be hard to pinpoint as it's just not that distinctive, as Mach says there's millions of things out there. 

Even some respected DJ's do drop the odd 'curveball' into their set because it's so obscure no one will pick up on what it is. 

• Up vote 2
soul source url
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments/views now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Log back in to Soul Source now!
  1. Finding Tunes On Soulsource
    Look At Your Box by JOE TORQUAY on Sat 10 Mar 2012