Cancelled South African Tamla Motown 45s Isleys & Marvin

I have 2 South African TMJ 45s - they have CANCELLED stickers, and the numbers TMJ 156 and TMJ 179. These numbers don't seem to be listed in DISCOGS, in fact the Isley Bros is there but as TMJ 115 not 179. Anybody fill in the gaps and offer a valuation? Vinyl is NM/EX+ on both Isleys has There's no love left on flip and Marvin Change what you can - usual barcode stickers on flip

IMG_4495.jpg

IMG_4496.jpg

Social source share

These are a few Stateside / Tamla Motown that I have.

Tri Centre Rhodesia I believe

4 Prong Centre South Africa

Stateside 45-JSS 1013 Martha and The Vandellas Heat Wave / A Love Like Yours (Don't Come Knocking Everyday Tri Centre

Stateside 45-JSS 1028 Mary Wells My Guy / Oh Little Boy 4 Prong Centre

Stateside 45-JSS 1039 The Supremes Baby Love / Ask Any Girl Tri Centre

Stateside 45-JSS 1042 The Supremes Come See About Me / Always In My Heart 4 Prong Centre

Stateside 45-JSS 1049 The Temptations My Girl / (Talking 'Bout) Nobody But My Baby 4 Prong Centre

TMJ 105 The Supremes Back In My Arms Again / Whisper You Love Me Boy 4 Prong Centre

TMJ 140 Diana Ross and The Supremes Relections / Going Down For The Third Time Tri Centre

Social source share

As I remember it here in the UK TMG 555 was available over quite a few years with various repressings along the way.

Looking at your scan it has (TMG.555A) on the label.

I assume that TMJ 179 was to be a repress in South Africa but cancelled.

Quite desirable items you have there.

Very much like Freda Payne Band Of Gold INV 502 reissued as INV 533 and then wthdrawn.

• Thanks 1
Social source share

7 hours ago, 45cellar said:

As I remember it here in the UK TMG 555 was available over quite a few years with various repressings along the way.

Looking at your scan it has (TMG.555A) on the label.

I assume that TMJ 179 was to be a repress in South Africa but cancelled.

Quite desirable items you have there.

Very much like Freda Payne Band Of Gold INV 502 reissued as INV 533 and then wthdrawn.

Cellar - as always great information and thanks for sharing- top man 👍🏻

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!