News: Frank Wilson Sells For £100000

Mike

• 2 weeks later...

If (as Lee mentions in the news paper article) he has been offered more than £100,000.00 already by several collectors, it really takes this to another level where the sky's the limit!

Maybe it will end up going for prices like some paintings do - It will be enjoyable to watch anyway :D

Good to hear of Lee's success in business :wink:

Len :thumbsup:

• Up vote 3
Social source share

4 hours ago, Len said:

If (as Lee mentions in the news paper article) he has been offered more than £100,000.00 already by several collectors, it really takes this to another level where the sky's the limit!

Perhaps  I'm being cynical but the phrase  'pigs might fly' comes to mind

• Up vote 2
Social source share

23 minutes ago, Woodbutcher said:

Trying to justify it to himself in the cold light of the day after ...

Maybe, but if (again as was stated in the article) this latest sale has had world wide attention, it may well go to 'silly silly' (not just 'silly') money - People literally buying it as an investment.

I do like the record (Indeed I do) :wink:

Len :thumbsup:

• Up vote 1
Social source share

I wonder how much my signed by Frank "pressing " is now worth?

Paid Kev Roberts ten quid for it and got it as a momento from meeting Mr Wilson (RIP )at the LA2004 gig, to compliment my bar menu he signed for me.

If you stand 3 feet away, and its a not too bright dj stage, you can't tell its a re issue:)

Its got to have doubled in value....

Ed

Edited by Tomangoes
Spello
  • Up vote 1
Social source share

30 minutes ago, Woodbutcher said:

Just as a matter of interest ... why was the long-running thread on the subject closed and this 'new' one left running ? 

If anyone else had started a duplicate thread it would have been shut down straight away ... 

this is a news item connected topic eg comments made here show both in the forum and also in the news feature 

so I'd say this is better suited one for this the latest round of discussion on this subject👍

• Up vote 1
Social source share

3 hours ago, Tomangoes said:

I wonder how much my signed by Frank "pressing " is now worth?

Paid Kev Roberts ten quid for it and got it as a momento from meeting Mr Wilson (RIP )at the LA2004 gig, to compliment my bar menu he signed for me.

If you stand 3 feet away, and its a not too bright dj stage, you can't tell its a re issue:)

Its got to have doubled in value....

Ed

....and to add extra kudos to your sales pitch Ed,Kev was a one time owner  of the very first original,to hit these shores...:yes:...

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!