• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Amount Of Reads

•  Views 1.8k

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

unless really well known and reliable imo

Looks dodgy and asking for F&F always raises suspicion

yes of course but given the info available and the scarcity of some of the records he looks dodgy, unless a reliable person was to come forward who could vouch for the seller then I wouldn't touch him

Posted
14 minutes ago, Markw said:

Is this a sales posting?

just moved from sales forum to box 👍

• Up vote 1
soul source url
Social source share
Posted

I bought a record a long time ago from a seller in Spain (before COVID-19).

Waited months for it, asked for a tracking number and told it was on the way but no information provided.

Asked for a refund, nothing.

Eventually the seller admitted the disc was on the way to them from the USA!

It did eventually arrive but why so many lies?

soul source url
Social source share
Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, Tagtag said:

I bought a record a long time ago from a seller in Spain (before COVID-19).

Waited months for it, asked for a tracking number and told it was on the way but no information provided.

Asked for a refund, nothing.

Eventually the seller admitted the disc was on the way to them from the USA!

It did eventually arrive but why so many lies?

That's bloody stupid....if you were 're selling after USA purchase, at least wait for it to arrive before listing it for sale...can't be doing with nob heads!!!!...kind regards...Rob

Edited by Lionelonthevinyl
soul source url
Social source share
Posted

I wasn't reselling. The seller in Spain had taken my payment for a record that he was expecting from the states. The problem was he told me it was on the way to me when he hadn't even received it from the states.

• Up vote 1
soul source url
Social source share
Posted (edited)
8 minutes ago, Tagtag said:

I wasn't reselling. The seller in Spain had taken my payment for a record that he was expecting from the states. The problem was he told me it was on the way to me when he hadn't even received it from the states.

I think Rob was referring to the seller in Spain, not you. 

I've had this problem before, annoying! At the moment I have been waiting for a record from France for over a month. No movement on the tracking number!

Edited by Soul-slider
  • Up vote 1
soul source url
Social source share
Posted

Glad we cleared that up, thanks.

Just wondering if the answer to the original question from Vadnochka could be that his seller in Spain has not actually laid hands on a record that he has already sold. Blaming Covid related problems is all too convenient at the moment.

• Up vote 1
soul source url
Social source share
Posted

I've bought a record from vadnochka (can't remember what) top straight forward guy to deal with....hope he's not got a nightmare with chasing sellers,  refunds etc....it's just a bloody pain...good luck....Rob

soul source url
Social source share
Posted

All,

Alleged pkt tracked all the way to Int. Processing Centre ( IPC ) - Langley from Spain - A pkt was scanned through the Spanish postal system from 3rd July - accepted for outward transit - arrived and scanned in Langley IPC Tues. 14 / 7 11.47 am - Then the problems start - No further scanning since  14th July 01.12 pm - states on its way to you - out of Langley - Internal checks with local staff whom I know gives that the pkt had not been processed beyond Langley and had an invalid post code - LE6 06F Part address = 90 Burton Coalville Leicestershire LE6 06F. Coalville is LE67 and I don't live there. 

Print out from local office shows that pkt has not moved beyond Langley IPC - It is impossible to talk to anyone at Langley although I know the transit container no. the pkt arrived in. 

In all this of course there is no confirmation what is in this pkt !! which is why I'm asking if anyone who appears to have bought some of the other big ticket items like the Admirations  & Andantes from ytraxx who has a 100% rating on Discogs from 96 items.

So basically looking for anyone else who actually thought or did buy items from that April listing on Discogs - I have watched the fact that Jackie Day - Naughty Boy and Melvin Moore remain unsold/still listed 

Thanks in anticipation

soul source url
Social source share
Posted

I didn't buy anything from this seller but by a strange coincidence I did place an order with him on discogs for a cheap (18 euros) disc about a week ago. A few days later he sent a message via discogs to say that he thought the record was already sold and he had forgot to remove it from his listings.

soul source url
Social source share
Posted

There was a small thread about this seller on a Facebook group when the records where initially listed for sale. The general opinion was that he didn’t actually have the records that he was listing, at least the “grail” 45s he listed all at once. I asked repeatedly for pictures of the Andantes 45 he had with no response. He was also asking for payment as a gift and not through Discogs, which adds to the suspicion. Hope it works out for you...

soul source url
Social source share
Posted
7 hours ago, Chalky said:

Who is the seller, link to sales?

Chalky sure this was on discogs and the guy listed up quite a few hard to gets, was covered over on Vinyl Vigilantes on FB and Edu said that it was a scam (seller in Spain but was British apparently)

• Up vote 1
soul source url
Social source share
Posted

Hi Vadnochka, 

Dealt with Ytraxx on July 8th this year 2 Philly "City edits" total 62 euros, on Discogs . after a week came back with could not find St louis so would offer Boston or refund ? I said yes but asked for discount ,we agreed on he would pay shipping {between 4 to 8 ,forget which ?] Finally arrived after one month Discs fine . So gave good feedback !

But ,but I always need peoples real names eventually told me it was Ariel {Hebrew christian name} but no.more, think he asked for F anF but I went through discogs{ Fand F not recommended but condoned on here?}.

I am a  little suspicous of him ,60 odd discs on discogs with a handful of unrelated NS items. On the broader issue of Spanish sellers; the culture of Manana {Whenever } after 20years here is still hard to handle!!  But the all Yorkies are mean etc ,etc,?                         Best of Luck .

soul source url
Social source share
Posted
1 hour ago, Girdwoodinc said:

Chalky sure this was on discogs and the guy listed up quite a few hard to gets, was covered over on Vinyl Vigilantes on FB and Edu said that it was a scam (seller in Spain but was British apparently)

• Up vote 2
soul source url
Social source share
Posted
52 minutes ago, Chalky said:

• Up vote 2
soul source url
Social source share
Posted
26 minutes ago, Dave Pinch said:

That I would agree upon and you guys are definitely trustworthy and reliable 

• Thanks 1
soul source url
Social source share
Posted

Very few copies of the Admirations on Peaches exist. Even fewer of the Poets on JV. The Andantes is dog-rare. Very few people on Planet Earth own all three of these records. Jackie Day is very scarce. Unless a top collector was selling up, I would not expect a dealer to have all these titles for sale in a short space of time.

• Up vote 1
soul source url
Social source share
Posted
4 hours ago, Dave Pinch said:

yes of course but given the info available and the scarcity of some of the records he looks dodgy, unless a reliable person was to come forward who could vouch for the seller then I wouldn't touch him with yours Dave :D

• Up vote 2
soul source url
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments/views now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Log back in to Soul Source now!
  1. Admirations On Peaches
    Record Wants by Tai-Pan on Mon 17 May 2010