Pisstaker

Pete S

• Replies 15
  • Views 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

some sellers charge for their time going to the post office etc  , i had this and told him to stuff record as he wanted $10 for the time it took to get there and petrol costs

link

=============

i bought a buy it now 45 really cheap

then in the rush for got to look at the postage from the US

20$

GULP!

Social source share

Guest Johnny One Trout

I recently won an album on EBay for $20 and foolishly never queried the postal charges until afterwards when i came to pay and noticed that the postal charge was $115 "gulp" obviously i queried this and the seller reduced it to $11 which i paid but i nearly had kittens i can tell you :D anyway even though i still thought that 11 was on the high side the bloody thing still hasn't turned up :D

Trouty

Social source share

I recently won an album on EBay for $20 and foolishly never queried the postal charges until afterwards when i came to pay and noticed that the postal charge was $115 "gulp" obviously i queried this and the seller reduced it to $11 which i paid but i nearly had kittens i can tell you blush.gif anyway even though i still thought that 11 was on the high side the bloody thing still hasn't turned up :(

Trouty

link

Hmm, about right for a 12" is that Trout owd lad. $6-$7 for a 7" and $10-$12 for a 12" is about standard.

Some dealers are very fair and do it at cost, I've had it as low as $3.80 for a 7 and $7 for a 12.

You're just a tight old man. blush.gif

Jimbob

Social source share

Jamie in the words of that famous French Poet....... Bolleaux !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Janine One trout

link

Ah yes, The Bolleaux Tapestry, depicting an ancient all-nighter dance scene.

You're still tight blush.gif

Janinien

Social source share

This REALLY pisses me off! The cost of me sending one 45, via air-mail to the UK is $4.80. I charge $6.00 to allow for the postage itself and the cost of my packing materials and/or mailer. I think that's fair.

These guys over here in the states need to check themselves because if it weren't for people in the UK buying these soul records, they wouldn't know what the hell to do with them and they'd be piling up and not selling. They should be thankful they can get decent money for a soul record and cultivate good relationships with people overseas.

Oh no, I've got a better idea, let's be greedy pricks and not get any more business from people in the UK because we want to gouge them for postage. Yeah, that'll work...such stupid alcoholic ASSHOLES they are!

Sorry everyone. I'm with you on this.

KTF

Jas

Social source share

You should definitely query it Pete.

If the postage costs weren't detailed on the ad in the first place, you are entitled to challenge the seller. I have challenged in the past with something like "please send me a revised quote with P&P, as I know it's not (amount)"..... Remember that if it was off Ebay, they can be reported for what's knows as "fee avoidance".

PS - Still not received a list from you yet. Have I upset you?

Gene

Social source share

Gene, we were discussing clubbing together to get pete a mirror for Christmas.  You want to contribute? laugh.gif

link

Mirror?? As a Sun reader, it's too late to convert him now!!

No hard feelings Pete - I'll just adopt a heavy facial disguise when I visit Wolves!!!

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!