Record wants!

Mrmick

8 hours ago, Tricky said:

Been thinking about this a bit lately.

Why not put the price prepared to pay along with the want.

Save everybody’s time then.

I did this year's ago (can't remember the record) but put "will pay £120" obviously there would of been room to pay a bit more than that but about right I thought. Guess what.... most offers I got were about double my valuation £220/£250 or there abouts. One person pmd me and said he sold one a couple of weeks before for £140 so I wasn't far off and would of paid that. I think people reckon he/she is desperate so will pay over the odds. I've never bothered since. I presume others have more success though....Thank you...Rob

Edited by Lionelonthevinyl
Social source share

On 15/08/2020 at 15:51, The Tempest said:

In a nutshell yes ! But not all ! I posted a want on here and was contacted by a seller - they had the record on discogs for £50 cheaper than what they offered me on here - guess what ? I declined and bought it off them on discogs ! Unbelievable !!!

To be fair you you should of said stuff you, you greedy sod.

• Up vote 2
Social source share

On 15/08/2020 at 15:51, The Tempest said:

In a nutshell yes ! But not all ! I posted a want on here and was contacted by a seller - they had the record on discogs for £50 cheaper than what they offered me on here - guess what ? I declined and bought it off them on discogs ! Unbelievable !!!

I would name them If it happened to me. 

• Up vote 2
Social source share

Works both ways on here. I've replied to many 'wants' enquiries only to be offered a fraction of the current valuation ( based on Popsike, reference books, info on here, discogs etc).

I appreciate 'start low, you can increase your offer' but some are downright insulting and the buyers are living either in hope, or dream cuckoo land!

• Up vote 1
Social source share

37 minutes ago, Julianb said:

Works both ways on here. I've replied to many 'wants' enquiries only to be offered a fraction of the current valuation ( based on Popsike, reference books, info on here, discogs etc).

I appreciate 'start low, you can increase your offer' but some are downright insulting and the buyers are living either in hope, or dream cuckoo land!

Ive found the price of the current record you sold me and the condition of the record.very good value and cheaper than others who pm me with prices that were way above the going price for the record and the condition of the record and discogs prices you beat them hands down cheers. julianb

• Up vote 1
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!