News: Sad News - David 'Cowboy' Sanders - The Masqueraders RIP

Mike

Very sad to hear of David's passing-his work with The Masqueraders is a part of Soul history which will always live on with lovers of the music worldwide; 'Do You Love Me Baby'- such an evocative,floor- packing classic that so many of us have danced to for many a year,bringing sweet memories of years gone by .'I Don't Want Nobody To Lead Me On'  is an overlooked nugget,too-then there are the Deep Soul gems like 'Lets Face Facts,'and a great favourite of my teens/early 20's, 'I Ain't Got To Love Nobody Else',a lovely track which I had(and still have) on a late 60's UK LP called 'The Best From Bell' 

Social source share

Sad indeed, and my condolences go out to Davids Family and friends and all the surviving Band Members, we can only imagine what they must be going through at this time.

It is also Very Sad when many of you are worrying about 'Getting Back To Normal' If & When Soul Nites will Re-Open their doors, DJ's will be Reflecting on the Passing of so many People involved in the Great Music that we love and wondering just what to play in their sets to Honour Them, to thank them for Enriching our Lives, and punters alike requesting their favourite Songs, we will have to have a good memory as there has been so many 'Lost Souls' 

So Rest R.I.P.   David 'Cowboy' Sanders  "The Masqueraders" (One Of My All Time Favourite Bands) 

• Up vote 1
Social source share

Monumental vocal group... Hat's off to ya fella CowBoy !

We still live with him every time he's heard so vivid he is.

My humble side note; there's barely no home musical session without this one hitting the deck.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

• Up vote 2
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!